Could the lens of a Surefire L5 could be cleaned? (inside lens)

code1

Newly Enlightened
Hello guys!

Could the lens of a Surefire L5 could be cleaned? (inside lens)
I mean because my L5 has dust inside the lens, Could i take out the lens to clean it? or is it advisable to to it?

And, Is it safe to use Rechargeable Li-Ion 3.7v on my L5?

Thanks!!!

Size15's

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF!

No. The KL5 bezel is not intend to be opened.
(although it can be done I would not recommend you attempt it)

If it is a real problem for you then perhaps you should talk to SureFire about it.

Personally, its real American dust - proof it was made and assembled in America by Americans. If you're lucky you may even get an American hair or fingerprint.
Unfortunately these features do not often affect the beam in use but then SureFire aren't perfect.

Dr_Joe

Enlightened
Size15's said:
Personally, its real American dust - proof it was made and assembled in America by Americans. If you're lucky you may even get an American hair or fingerprint.

:lolsign: :laughing: :crackup: :hahaha:

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I want to dust the interior surfaces of the reflector what I do is remove the head and use a fine-nosed compressed air duster (directing the air stream into the lamp hole, of course).

A few days ago I made the mistake of wiping the reflector itself, with a microfiber cloth. BAD IDEA. It was a Surefire P60 lamp assembly, now it is only good enough for the parts bin. Whatever cleaning method you use, trust me, and others who have posted about this, do NOT use a contact method to clean the reflector!!