Nite Ize Circuit

RCatR

Enlightened
Does anyone know the specs on the Nite Ize circuit?

because of the cheap price I was going to buy one and use it to possibly drive 3 red and 2 UV led's

any tips?

Last edited:

mahoney

Enlightened
Your red LEDs and your UV LEDs are likely to require quite different forward voltages. It will be challenging to drive both types from the same circuit. If I wanted to create a flashlight using Nite-Ize modules that put out both red and UV light at the same time, I would buy a red module and a blue,white, or green module and I would replace the blue/white/green LEDs with the UV LEDs. Then find a 3 volt host with a head big enough to contain both Nite-Ize modules, perhaps a Garrity Stainless, or any plastic 2 D cell flashlight.

perfectname

Newly Enlightened
If you are using two cells (NiMH or alkaline) you could use the Nite-Ize for three of the UV LEDs and then run some red ones straight off the batteries with a resistor since they have a lower forward voltage. You can get the Nite-Ize modules for only $5 so I'de say get one and give it a try. I had a couple of them but I couldn't figure out how to take them apart non-destructively. Good with your project!