needed a light today

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
today my dad took some of my brothers and me to a national park. He told me that there would be some small caves, but i didnt think much of it. When we got there, the caves we very dark, and deep, however, i did have my Amilite on me, and it did a fine job, but i could have brought a brighter light, however, there was a guy with a m@g, and he said "that is bright for a little light"- except he said it to someone else. It got really dirty in that mud, and the Amilite got dirt all over it. So i went to the creek that was right by the cave, and washed my hands and the light too. I turned it while underwater, and water got in. It still worked, but the fact that it isnt waterproof urks me. After caving some more, we went home. While in the car, i noticed that my light didnt work. It was because the bottom of the battery was dented in, and it wasnt making contact with the bottom of the light. In August there will be a tour of the caves, and it requires one headlamp, and two backup lights. i finally got to use my lights :)

-David

Last edited:

LowWorm

Enlightened
Nice to have that monkey off your back. :nana:

Once in a while, you just need those practical affirmations that flashaholism has a purpose beyond sucking your discretionary income dry.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah, this trip really let me know that i need a long runtime light with a clicky- not to mention bright, because i found myself in a cave wondering if my Amilite will stay alive, because it only gets about an hour of good light. Also, the clicky do to waterproofness.

-David

peacefuljeffrey

Newly Enlightened
There's an abundance of water-resistant and water-proof LED flashlights on the market. Why not check out Underwater Kinetics? They seem to have a large variety of models.

-Jeffrey