PM6 3W Bezel Thread Problem

TimeTraveller

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I would like to ask if anyone has a similar problem. I have bought a PM6 3W (serial 180) a year ago, and I love it very much. Last Friday, however, something bad happened on this light. Apparantly, the threads inside the bezel (connecting to the main body) somehow became really weak, and quite a large amount of it was scratched away, and so the bezel was not able to be fixed on with the main body anymore. The only way to fix it right now is to unscrew the lens cap a little bit, allowing the bezel to be screwed further down to grab the main body.

I like this light a lot, and I would like to try everything to fix it without going to buy a replacement. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes, this exact thing happened to me with both my m6 3w from batterystation and my old m6 incand, just send them and e-mail. Just get it replaced with the newer style body, it is much better. The old batterystation bodies had weak threads.

-David

Last edited:

TonkinWarrior

Enlightened
Pelican has very good customer service (to back-up their great guarantee).

Just call their HQ in southern California. They'll give you a claim no., then you mail 'em your defective light, and they'll fix it or replace it.

Haven't had that problem with mine, but thanks for alerting us to the issue.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTW, i found out that the body threads are the ones that need fixing, and, in fact, i am getting my m6 replaced right now for the same problem.

@BBL....they changed the HA3

-David

Last edited:

Latest posts