Did Mag upgrade their reflectors?

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all!

I just purchased a Mag 2C in blue/Purple for another ROP LE project, and noticed that the beam is way better than it used to be, it actually looks like a circle a bit oval but its there, I like it! look at the pic compared to a SL TL-3, the ROP LE is using a 5 Cell Xenon star with a bit of overdrive from 2 18650 li-ion batteries, Can you believe how good this reflector is focusing the light? The beam still has rings but they are very very minimal and concentric compared to what I was used to seeing in the stock reflectors, I may actually leave the stock reflector with the XenonStar 5 Cell bulb.

BTW the Xenonstar is brighter, whiter and tighter than the TL-3, I been running it for about 2 sets of Li-ion and it's been holding good.

AlexGT

Pics! Mag 2C LE on the left and TL-3 on the right, both are using LI-ion batteries.

Last edited:

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
you dont have a older reflector to swap back and forth to check?

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I adjusted the bulb and now I have a very round beam, ROP LE with Xenonstar 5cell bulb on left and TL-3 on right, both lights running on Li-ions

AlexGT

carrot

Flashaholic
I was wondering about that... because my new Mag Solitaire seems to have a much better, cleaner beam than the old.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
After comparing some reflectors in various Mags that were purchased 6-7 years ago, one purchased about 2 years ago, and three purchased a few days ago (all D series), there appears to be little difference other than variances in manufacturing (in other words, luck of the draw.)