ariel atom electric prototype-quick!

spock

Enlightened
hello cromagnet. i did post yesterday on the ariel atom, but it was powered by a supercharged honda 4 cyl. engine. this is his new prototype with an electric engine and battery pack. was going to put it in the same thread, but it is a completely different car, so i opened a new thread. should i have put it in the old thread?

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh! Kewl... I'll check this one out too. That last one looked great! Although I've seen that guy in an infomercial for Duralube or vacuum cleaners or something ;)

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey that was impressive. I heard that electric cars car accelerate very quickly. Still pretty expensive but at least we're heading there.

igabo

Enlightened
WOW! Talk about performance out of an electric car. The version with the K20A engine was fast enough as it was.

spock

Enlightened
cromagnet, seems like i have seen ian wright's face somewhere, but it is a strange world. in your profile, your birthday is listed as dec. 8, 2005. you must be the youngest on cpf! just kidding, but thought you would like to know.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
spock said:
cromagnet, seems like i have seen ian wright's face somewhere, but it is a strange world. in your profile, your birthday is listed as dec. 8, 2005. you must be the youngest on cpf! just kidding, but thought you would like to know.
LOL yup I'm a young'ne ;)

Thought you'd like to know we took your picture in this thread here. It's picture #5 of course. Link to Picture

idleprocess

Flashaholic
The Wrightspeed X1 (the electric Ariel Atom) is said to have a range of around 100 miles of "urban driving." I expect that efficiency during drag runs will be morethan halved, so expect a few dozen competitive quarter-miles with enough charge left to drive 20+ miles. Recharging could be fairly quick with some of the newer li-ion battery technologies making it to market.

Here's a downloadable video of the X1 in action.

The X1's key advantage for racing is its precise slip control - the onboard computers are said to keep wheel speed at the ideal 5MPH over ground speed during drag runs for maximum acceleration.

to the best of my knowledge, Ian Wright is not associated with Ariel.

Aaron1100us

Enlightened
Hmm, that electric motor sure sounded like a gasoline engine with it took off. wouldn't an electric car be pretty quite? Sounded alot like a super bike when it took off.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aaron1100us said:
Hmm, that electric motor sure sounded like a gasoline engine with it took off. wouldn't an electric car be pretty quite? Sounded alot like a super bike when it took off.
Was't that the noise of the Ferrari simultaniously taking off as well?