Ideas wanted: Fenix L1T or similar accessories

thei

Newly Enlightened
I've just bought my first serious LED light—a Fenix L1T, and it's just arrived this afternoon, and I'm excited and happy, and so on… Point of this post is, I'm wanting to make/buy or find a few accessories for it.

I'll no doubt think of more as time goes on, but currently I want to make/buy/find a headtorch conversion thing, a candle-mode/lantern conversion thing, and a battery holder.

I used to have a headtorch conversion thing for my Mini Maglite (still have somewhere, can't find it though). It was very simple, a velcro-fastened band that went around the head, with two elastic loops to hold the Maglite. I figure something similar would work for the L1T, but was wondering if anyone has any better ideas, or knows anything already available?

After looking at some of the lanterns available, I figured I should be able to make a tapered cylindrical tube or similar that fits over the head of the L1T, as a type of diffuser to spread the light out for use in tents and so on. My idea is that I'll hang the light from the roof of a tent, or sit it on a small bench, and the diffuser will spread the light out in a 360° circle, basically the same as the current LED lanterns. I'm wondering if anyone else has already done this, and any cool ideas people have for doing it?

And finally, something I'm sure has been asked many times before—what's the recommended way of carrying spare AA batteries, ideally in a small, light and waterproof format?

Probably worth pointing out that I'm in Australia, and as such, popping down to the nearest US store, or getting cheap items free of shipping from US locations, may not be an option.

thei

Newly Enlightened
Long John said:
Hello thei:)

I don't have a L1T but a L1P. To diffuse the light I take a white cap of a water-bottle with the same diameter of the lighthead and put it on.

It works:thumbsup:

And to carry my light (also with pants without belts) look at this:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/111217

Best regards

____
Tom
I'll have to try some water-bottle caps. A clip on the holster is a good idea.

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd wish Fenix would go back to their old sheaths where it had a flap and velcro. I ride my bike a lot and am always worried that it'd fall out.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello tebore:)

I have a lanyard with a little plastic carbine at my Fenix and fixed it at the sheath. It's useful when I need two hands it can hang down on the leg.

Best regards

____
Tom

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
Long John said:
Hello tebore:)

I have a lanyard with a little plastic carbine at my Fenix and fixed it at the sheath. It's useful when I need two hands it can hang down on the leg.

Best regards

____
Tom

How easy is it to remove the light?