Looking for rechargeable LED light

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any suggestions for a good rechargeable LED light?

I would prefer Li-ion so that I can top up regularly without memory effect. I have considered the Inova T4 but it doesn't look too good for the money. Comparing the T4 to my Streamlight 4AA luxeon with Energiser 2500s, the output is only slightly higher yet the runtime is significantly less. I've also considered CR123 lights, replacing with Li-ion but runtime is no good with RCR123 and other sizes such as 17500 are hard to come by.

I like the look of the Surefire L7 due to its high output but it comes with a NiCd battery.

enLIGHTenment

Enlightened
TR3 has only 90 minutes runtime. I don't know how its output compares to the T4 ot SLppLux.

The SLppLux has a huge battery compartment compared to the T4 and other medium format rechargables. With 13W/hr available to the SLppLux when using NiMH, longer runtime and/or higher output is to be expected compared to T4-style lights that use a single 5-8Whr 18650.

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
...yeah....we'll need a price range ...otherwise we'll just end up recommending something like one of these to you:

trio1xa.jpg

Prices on the flashlights here range from $225 to $420.

And also, what runtime is considered adequate for you?

WP

Last edited:

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Vortex vision looks like its worth considering. Not Li-ion though.
I would consider a price range of up to $300 but less is better of course. That C3 centurion thing looks pretty cool. Bit weird though.

I guess I don't really need any thing brighter than a lux 5 or high driven lux 3. Is it worth waiting for lux k2's to come on the market? I would say an overall output of 5000 on the "flashlight reviews" scale would be sufficient.

My main consideration is that for $300 it had better outperform the SLPP by a big margin otherwise it would be a serious waste of money. It should be about the same size or slightly bigger with a battery that stores more energy (W/hr). So lets say a runtime of over 2 hours at this brightness.

Any suggestions are appreciated
:)

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello monkeyboy:)

For this money you should get a really nice light:)

To wait for the K2 is a good question. I think it needs a long time to avail realy efficient K2s. I prefer at the moment premium LuxIII in relation to brightness, throw and effizience (batteries).

When I spend a lot of money I expect a reliable, bright, efficient light with the batterieresource of my wishes.

So I would think about a Custom-Multilux-Solution. With this you can decide the quality of the parts, the size and the batteries you want to use. You can choise a 2-stage or a multistage solution, the finish and the color of the body and all you dream for.

At this moment I wait for my dreamlight:grin2:. It should be here in 2days:)

Best regards

____
Tom

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Inova T4 looks like it is long enough to fit 2 X 18650's if they replaced the switch with a clickie tailcap. If they used the latest LG 2400mah cells and drove the Lux 3 at a higher level, this would be Ideal. Or if they just made the T4 smaller and brighter I would consider it. Something like an LED version of the Streamlight Strion.

Last edited:

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Long John:)

Can you tell me more about this custom build of yours. Is there a website you can recommend?

Thanks.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello monkeyboy:)

My light is not posted yet. Perhaps tomorrow or in a few days.
But for example take a look to some great creations in this forum.

Here are great mod. artists. Look in the searchfunction about Trilux or Quadlux.
I think you should find interessting projects.:)

Best regards

_____
Tom

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the cabelas 3 watt xpg. I think the run time is 2 hours. Comes with car and home charging kit. 80 bucks.