Local Radio Shack going out of business

NeedMoreLight

Newly Enlightened
I thought I could get some really good deals, but even at 20 to 30 percent off, the dealers here can still beat their prices on stuff.
I think they raised their prices to full retail, then discounted the prices.
The only thing I saw that may have been a good deal was a mag solitare at a little over $5.
Guess I will wait a week or so, then see if prices go down, as they don't seem to be selling much.

Oracle

Newly Enlightened
Radioshack is closing about 1/3rd of their stores. The company is in serious financial trouble, they already pulled out of Canada last year.

Their business focus for the past decade has been entirely on Cell Phones and Satellite Dishes. I used to like Radio Shack, but I don't think I've set foot in one for at least 5 years.

mrichelo

Newly Enlightened
I don't know where you live, but unless the solitaire goes down well below $5, I think they are about $4.99 at Home Depot. I know it's only a few cents less...

Regards,

Mark

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the Rad Shack across the street from me is one of the casualties. Even at sale prices, all they're selling is overpriced junk. They have a Grundig S350 shortwave radio "on sale" for $80, which is what this radio goes for everywhere else, including Best Buy (not just the deep discounters). Add to that someone asking if you'd like a free cell phone every time you want to buy a 19-cent pack of resistors and people just don't want to go there any more.

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ones in my area are being restocked and setup according to each branch's manager. Atleast that's how one employee put it. Each individual store's manager now decides what he wants to stock, and how he wants to set the store up, like where all the items are going and how they're displayed. Might be good for special orders or internet deals?