got my ultrafire wf602, pics

copiertech

Newly Enlightened
recieved it yesterday, and I see why everyone raves about the fenix l1p, its a perfect size for in the pocked, i`m defineatly going to edc it along with my orb raw.
the tint is slightlt pinky-violet, just like the orb raw, not pure white like the 2xAA wf601a, but i prefer the tint of the raw and 602a, its less harsh and easier on the eyes and lets you see contrast better although the 602 is noticably dimmer than the 601
EDIT: Since i taken these pictures i strpped the wf602 to put a GID O ring between the lens and the body and now it is noticably brighter, there must have been some resistance somewhere.
pics
img05904id.jpg

img05939ht.jpg

left to right, wf601,wf602, orb raw on low
img05872vf.jpg

wf601,wf602,orb raw on high
img05889re.jpg

well worth $18.50, i`m gonna get some more for the family, perfect size for a womans handbag.

Last edited:

Walt175

Enlightened
I have one as well, and it's nice to know I wasn't the only one with the pinkish tint. Not sure how much I like this tint, but it is growing on me.

I do have a question for you. What did you use to get the reflector out? I used a pick to take the LE out, but couldn't get the reflector to move.

copiertech

Newly Enlightened
The reflector unscrews using a set of circlip pliers in the 2 holes. i think you lot call them something along the lines of split ring pliers or similar. i had to remove the gid o ring and put the standard one back in as the gid one was too big and kept escaping :awman:

lexina

Enlightened
Thanks for the beamshots. I have been waiting for a comparison between the 601 and 602. Looks like the 601 is noticeably brighter. Now for the Magled 2AA!

Oracle

Newly Enlightened
Are there any reports on the 602 vs the l1p yet? Light output as well as the overall quality of the unit. I've seen that the l1p has a slightly longer battery life.

I'm pretty sure what I really want is the orb raw, but $100 is more that I'm willing to spend on what's really a toy light.

copiertech

Newly Enlightened
the raw is not a toy, get a leather keychain sheath from aw and keep it on your car keys, mine is still looking brand new and i use it for work every day, low power is more than adequate for most tasks and 7 hours is plenty runtime, and you have high if you need it. well worth the money when you see what the competitors cost.

Oracle

Newly Enlightened
abvidledUK said:

Thanks

So if I'm reading that right, the 601 starts out around 25% brighter and stays useful on two batteries more than twice as long as the 602 does on 1. That initial brightness difference makes me think the 601 the better choice, though it's larger than I want for an EDC. Do alkalines fare any better in the 602?

What are the units in? 8 what is min useful illumination?

copiertech, if I'm going to use it on low most of the time, it's no better than my $1 photon clone. I'd get the raw for high power, in which case 15 minutes of run time is a toy and the main reason to have it is the wow factor. There's nothing wrong with it being a toy light, just that $100 is more than I want to spend on a toy. The 602 is just as bright as the raw, 1/5th the price, and the battery last several times as long. It's also small enough to fit on a keychain. The only advantage of the orb is it's so tiny it is very impressive to see operate on full. IMO to pay that much more just for that wow makes it a toy.

copiertech

Newly Enlightened
i get you, i thought you meant it wasnt very robust when you said it was a toy. its very well made and sturdy, but if it doesn`t fit your requirements i see what you mean.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oracle said:
Are there any reports on the 602 vs the l1p yet?...
Several. It appears that several 602A's needed some minor adjusting to get the most out of them (adding solder blobs to switch PCB, maybe shortening the head and tail cap ends). Once that was done on mine, I measured total output (light pressed directly against light meter cell) from 602As that was pretty close (within 5%-10%) of the L1Ps. Hot spot was less because AR glass of L1P delivers more photons to the hot spot, but the ones scattered by the 602A plastic lens just end up in the spill.

Run times are less with the 602A compared to the L1x/Civictors, though. Down maybe 25% to 40%, depending on the sample.

Poppyflower

Newly Enlightened
Who knows how long can a normal set of AA battery last in the ultrafire WF601A flashlight? Thanks