Fenix L2P too hot to handle!

Artie Choke

Newly Enlightened
My grandson turned on both my L2P and XM3 for an unknown amount of time - both have alkalines. The L2P was too hot to hold - the entire flashlight was hot! Anyone run into this?

The XM3 was cool to the touch - should be with all that metal.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had mine going non stop for close to four hours last week, it just got warm.
The batteries were Energizer 2500 Mah

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
he wasn't holding it right? if he didn't, it HAPPENS...

my l2p has freaking hot when i put it head down on the table without swithcing it off. it was 10 to 15 mins until i realise i didn't off it. yeah, lithiums can heat up that light pretty well...

Artie Choke

Newly Enlightened
Yep, wasn't holding it. It seems to heat up a lot when not being held in the hand. I let it run in candlestick position for awhile and it would get hot. When I wrapped my hand around it for a few seconds, it cooled down to just warm.

InfidelCastro

Banned
I have an L2T. Probably the longest I've run it straight on high is about twenty minutes to a half hour. The head gets a little warm, but just warm, that's all.

I'm glad is gets warm, that means it's venting heat away from the LED.

Chao

Enlightened
I did runtime test for my L2P with alkaline or NiMH batteries without hold it, it only gets warm!

Chao

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chao said:
I did runtime test for my L2P with alkaline or NiMH batteries without hold it, it only gets warm!

Chao

Exactly what I tried, there's not enough current and run time from those kinds of batteries to make it hot.