My new favorite EDC light!!

maverick

Enlightened
img03017kg.jpg

At last, I got the parts I needed to create the perfect light I always wanted. It has a KL4-BK head, but with an E2D strike bezel installed on the front attached to an E2D body and tailcap. Whilst I was at it, I also replaced the dome window with a flat one, which in my opinion makes it look way better. Using a Pila 168S for guilt free lumens too!

Last edited:

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sweet! I love seeing spiked bezels on everything, especially Surefires. How's the size now?

maverick

Enlightened
It's roughly 1cm larger than an E2E or KL4. I carry it in a holster anyway, so it doesn't bother me at all.

FrogsInWinter

Enlightened
Wow nice job maverick! I was planning to do something just like that except I want to use the KL1 head. Does the E2d bezel fit over the front end of the KL4 or did you have to remove part of KL4 head? Also what did you do to remove the spiked part of the E2d bezel? Thanks and great job!

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Maverick, very nice setup for a EDC! You just need a two way switch and you will have even a better EDC.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dude, you copied off me! ;)

I'm doing nearly the exact same thing. I have a E2D body with the regular style black HA tailcap of a black E1e and I have a black HA KL1 head on the way. Right now I have the stock black head of the E1e with a dummy cell in there so I can use it till the KL1 gets here...

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice light. Actually I was avoiding LEDs in an EDC for the longest time; recently purchased a U2 and it immediately supplanted my E2E. (The E2E is now my glovebox light.)

maverick

Enlightened
Thanks for the comments guys!

FrogsInWinter, yeah I had to remove the upper window part of the original KL4-BK bezel. Unscrewing it is just a matter of turning the lens window anti-clockwise, the hardest part is just to muster enough strenth to unscrew it. I believe Surefire must have put some kind of glue on it to make doubly sure it doesn't unscrew. You guys might be stronger, but I found that using a heatgun to heat up the head and then unscrewing it was much easier.

KDOG3, did you order a new or old version of the KL1? I actually wanted to do this to my KL1-BK too (new version), but I don't think you can because the upper window portion is NOT removable. It is a one-piece assembly. Though I think you can do it with the old type as it is similar in construction to the KL4.

jlolson, I'm using the V21 nylon holster. The flap is just the right length even after adding on the strike bezel. I'm actually looking for the V25 but it's no where to be found locally and no one on BST seems to want to sell me one!! It goes without saying that none of the US dealers are willing to ship their products overseas :(

Last edited: