Microsoft Outlook help

LaserFreak

Enlightened
I need help setting up microsoft outlook to work for my yahoo email...if outlook will work for yahoo...if anyone can help, either post here or get me on AIM: joshy380

Thanks!!

Empath

Flashaholic
If you have a paid Yahoo email account, then Yahoo can be treated as any other POP account, with the server being pop.mail.yahoo.com . You could, no doubt, find the name of their SMTP server in Yahoo's help documentation. I don't remember if their SMTP server is separate from their POP server.

LaserFreak

Enlightened
Ok...I don't have a paid yahoo account, so I assume I'll need to look for the SMTP server?

Empath

Flashaholic
If you don't have a paid Yahoo account you can't get there straight with Outlook. There are ways through some software like "Pop Peeper", but Yahoo doesn't support POP accounts in the U.S. I understand that some others, like the Canadian Yahoo does, so creating a yahoo.ca might give you POP access.

It's the same for SMTP. With a U.S. Yahoo email account, unless it's a paid account, you'll have to go to the website to send your mail through Yahoo.

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
This site tells how with a paid account, however I've posted it because you may want to consider the other suggestion found. Get your own domain name for less than half of what yahoo charges per year and work from that.