mean soldiers pic

raggie33

*the raggedier*
soldierwcat5kd.jpg

Last edited:

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: mean usa soldiers pic

I don't think that's a US soldier. Isreali maybe, I'm not sure. Could be UK but he probably wouldn't be carrying an M-16.

Cute, though.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Re: mean usa soldiers pic

Jumpmaster said:
Hate to burst your bubble, but that is not a US soldier. :)

JM-99
(US soldier :) )
blush im a idiot

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, you're not, Raggie. You'd have to be fairly knowledgeable about current uniforms and equipment to know the difference. Your point is still good.

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
No you're not, Raggie...:) It's just that I had to wear the uniform a couple of days this week, so it's easy to spot a soldier that's not one of "us"...:)

Random thought -- It's a funny feeling looking around and seeing everyone around you dressed exactly the same. :)

BTW, Canadian soldiers march funny. :) One of them was in our unit for some reason and received an award. They called him to the front and all we heard was "clop, clop, clop, clop, clop, clop, clop......CLOP CLOP!" Hard to keep from laughing. hehe Don't get me wrong, I love our Canadian counterparts, but it's just funny to watch them march since we don't march that way.

Edit: Bah! Sniped by BigIron...but yes, what he said. :)

JM-99

Last edited:

goldenlight

Enlightened
I saw that picture a week or so ago. I assumed he was a US soldier; mainly because he had an M-16, which AFAIK is still manufactured in the USA (only?)

Great pic, whoever the soldier is. And man, does he look YOUNG!

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not only that but I think soldiers can use any weapon of their choice. Couldve picked it up or bought it himself. Just like that whole thread on US soldiers using AKs in Iraq.

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mags said:
...or bought it himself.

Just as a data point, the US military does not allow soldiers to use personally-owned firearms on duty. Not sure about other countries.

Some commanders may allow the use of "battlefield-acquired" weapons, but it is not as widely-allowed as some may think.

JM-99

Last edited:

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've heard that most of the "allied forces" running around with AKs are either civilian contractors, some flavor of special forces, or armored/maintenance crews who aren't normally issued much in the way of firepower.

The "US soldiers dropping M-16s for AKs" story was something so MTK could earn some PR pay.

RemingtonBPD

Enlightened
ABTOMAT said:
I've heard that most of the "allied forces" running around with AKs are either civilian contractors, some flavor of special forces, or armored/maintenance crews who aren't normally issued much in the way of firepower.

The "US soldiers dropping M-16s for AKs" story was something so MTK could earn some PR pay.

To my knowledge the AK is not superior to the AR or M16...accuracy suffers, round is probably better....I would take a modded AR over the AK...And I doubt any of our special forces are using AK's.