I read this on another forum, weird...

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are POed because motorola has gps enabled in their cell phone and they are convinced the government of china , the US and the "government" of motorola are out to fry their brain with microwaves. plus somebody must have given them a verbal laxitive cause all they are spewin is BS. IMO

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Surely, one of our less mean-spirited modders will be willing to provide her with an aluminum foil HAT to end her misery?

Larry

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know a person with schizophrenia originally from that area of the world... Talks about things exactly the same way. According to others, was a very sweet and smart person before was affected in around the mid-20's.

Feel very sorry for anyone with schizophrenia. It is hard on everyone involved.

-Bill

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to her Bio (if true):

Bio:

• 9/01/1987 - 6/30/1991 - Physics Dept. The Capital Normal University
  • 8/30/1991 - 12/30/1994 - Beijing Bayi middle school. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Beijing HaiSheng Computer Company
  • 9/01/1996 - 6/30/1997 - Computer Science Dept. Tsinghua University . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Beijing QingGongYe Institution
  • 8/28/1997 - 1/05/1999 -- Computer Science Dept. Loyola University, Chicago
  • 9/??/1998 - 3/??/1999 -- DMA company, work for Abott in IRVON, TX
  • 5/17/1999 - 6/13/2000 -- iDEN, Motorola, Schaumberg, IL U.S.A
  • 6/14/2000 --1/?/2003 -- GTSS, Motorola, Arlington Heights, Illinois, U.S.A
She may know more about cell phones and Chinese/US government conspiracies than anyone else here... :confused:

-Bill

Razor

Newly Enlightened
Looks like she searched for the largest list of government watch words she could find and then weaved the all into a story.

But on a more serious note, her paranoia condition is unfortunate. I can't imgine how difficult it would be to live with something like this on a day to day basis.

goldenlight

Enlightened
Reminds me of a very old joke: "Hello, Boss? I can't come to work today because the voices in my in my head told me to stay home and clean my assault rifle...."

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never outright called anyone an idiot at CPF... but I just came close.

Schizophrenia isn't any less of a disease, or more deserving of ridicule, than cancer..

(Unless by "she ain't getting any" you meant "ain't getting any Haldol or Clozapine.." )
:sssh:

Last edited:

Steve K

Flashlight Enthusiast
getting back to irrational fears of cell phones, EMF, and the need for tin foil beanies..... I recently learned of this site:

http://www.lessemf.com/personal.html

this place sells a variety of shielded clothing and other accessories to protect you from those stray electromagnetic fields! Now you can wear something a little classier than that tin foil hat! No need for tin foil underwear when you can buy conductive boxer shorts.... and I quote:

"Very sheer, comfortable undergarments you can wear over your regular underwear to shield yourself from powerline and computer electric fields, and microwave, radar, and TV radiation. This silver-plated, stretchable, washable nylon mesh is electrically conductive. It provides EMF radiation protection by reflection. Plus you won't get those static shocks as you used to in dry weather and your clothes won't cling to you! Fabric provides up to 35dB of shielding at 100 MHz. Made in USA. Surround what you want to protect! "

quite a deal at only $64!

I do a lot of work at an EMC testing facility, so if someone wants to see if their shielded boxers really do provide 35dB of shielding, send them to me, and I'll see what I can do. :)

Steve K.
(nope, not pulling out the credit card just yet)

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
At microwave frequencies (such as the newer cell phones), tin-foil hats will actually act as resonators--increasing field strength rather that reducing it.

Wiki and links...

On the Effectiveness of Aluminium Foil Helmets: An Empirical Study

Results

For all helmets, we noticed a 30 db amplification at 2.6 Ghz and a 20 db amplification at 1.2 Ghz, regardless of the position of the antenna on the cranium. In addition, all helmets exhibited a marked 20 db attenuation at around 1.5 Ghz, with no significant attenuation beyond 10 db anywhere else.

Conclusion

The helmets amplify frequency bands that coincide with those allocated to the US government between 1.2 Ghz and 1.4 Ghz. According to the FCC, These bands are supposedly reserved for ''radio location'' (ie, GPS), and other communications with satellites (see, for example, [3]). The 2.6 Ghz band coincides with mobile phone technology. Though not affiliated by government, these bands are at the hands of multinational corporations. It requires no stretch of the imagination to conclude that the current helmet craze is likely to have been propagated by the Government, possibly with the involvement of the FCC. We hope this report will encourage the paranoid community to develop improved helmet designs to avoid falling prey to these shortcomings.

And for a hat to protect you against power line frequencies, it would have to be somewhere between ~0.03" and 0.3" (8 mm) thick for the skin effect to work (below 0.3", there would be little protection, more than 0.3" is a waste of copper).

Skin EffectThere's method in his madness (from Hamlet)

-Bill

Last edited:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will it help if one is in one of those dead spots? I'd feel kind of funny with the foil, but if it helps ... Besides, I just bought two boxes of heavy duty foil from Costco ... :D

BB said:
At microwave frequencies (such as the newer cell phones), tin-foil hats will actually act as resonators--increasing field strength rather that reducing it.

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Below a 1GHz, CostCo heavy duty foil works great... Debugged emi issues on many a computer system with that stuff.

Also went through many miles of 3M embossed Copper tape with conductive adhesive... Don't use the non-embossed--does not make near as good electrical connections for your foil projects. :duck:

-Bill

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reminds me of the time someone said "I hear voices in my head".

My retort was "Sure, we all do... especially the one that yells at us for being five minutes late when we show up at the office" (particularly naggy, whiny, and bitchy boss :D)

"you get used to it." :grin2:

Last edited:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
BB said:
-Bill

They may act as resonators, yes. However that article incorrectly stated that they "amplify" certain bands. This is impossible with a passive device such as a helmet. While they might focus energy in a particular direction, producing "gain" as compared to an isotropic antenna, they technically do not amplify.

Now I've got to get back to making my helmet out of metallized duct tape... :tinfoil: