The Death Star is now operational !!!

Newly Enlightened
The Death Star is now complete. You may fire when ready.

DS%20mounted%20full.jpg

To see more of my 3AA Brinkmann Luxeon Star mod visit:
http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/jimdillus3/deathstar.html

There are several links at the top of the page to view the construction process with explanations.

I love this light! Mounted on my AR-15, its fantastic. The tailcap switch is positioned just right for my left thumb to push for momentary on full-on.
DS%20mounted%20on.jpg

EMPOWERTORCH

Enlightened
This reminds me of the guns used in the film "Universal Soldier II" which had built-in torches! As I watched it, I thought that the torch-beams were giving out the bluish-white light of LED's or HID! Could these have been Luxeons? Or maybe the TV was giving a blue bias as we were sitting watching the program in a room lit by a 3500k compact fluorescent bulb!
How about a "stealth" version with an infra-red torch and nightvision sightglass?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Nice mod Avatar, but we want comparison beamshots!

Newly Enlightened
Alright, this weekend, I'll suit-up, take some more pics and include the beam-shots. Really, all I have to compare it with are Mini-Maglites, Opalec Newbeam, and MagLite D-cells.

Also, I need the optic collimator from Markhannahsurplus.com, which I'll order thurday, and might have by saturday if I'm lucky. That will make the beam comparison proper.