LED comparable to TL-3

ADDICTED2LITE

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking to convert to all LED lights and I need something with comparable throw to a Streamlight TL-3, without spending $200 Any ideas, if I find one I'll have a TL-3 for sale.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Mag 4 D with the new LED module may come close, and it is cheap. I did not say this, this post will self destruct in 5 minutes.
tongue.gif

HenryE

Newly Enlightened
Beamhead said:
A Mag 4 D with the new LED module may come close, and it is cheap. I did not say this, this post will self destruct in 5 minutes.
tongue.gif

WHAT "new LED module"?
Do you mean the K2 from Diamond?

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
:awman: I was quoted......:laughing: No the new Mag 4 cell LED module available at Wallyworld for 20 bucks out the door.:sssh:

Now I will refuse to neither confirm or deny making this statement.:p

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beamhead said:
:awman: I was quoted......:laughing: No the new Mag 4 cell LED module available at Wallyworld for 20 bucks out the door.:sssh:

Do you already have one? (pssst...it's ok, nobody else is reading this thread. I just called Dionne Warwick's psychic hotline and she confirmed this.)

*Retired*
Beamhead said:
tongue.gif

Imagine, you can buy 10 of these modules, for the same price and jazz up those old Mags you have kicking around the house.

Beamhead said:

18.86 ea in Oregon, no sales tax....

Last edited:

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just remember the ugly truth about what you want here: the SL TL-3 is outputting approx 200 lumens. You may achieve decent throw with an led/Mag, but it won't come anywhere close to the total output of the TL-3.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hang on to your TL-3. At this point, there isn't an LED, at any price, that will throw as far as the incandescent TL-3.

ADDICTED2LITE said:
I'm looking to convert to all LED lights and I need something with comparable throw to a Streamlight TL-3, without spending $200 Any ideas, if I find one I'll have a TL-3 for sale.

Macaw

Enlightened
Have you considered the multi-Luxeon flashlights? Check out the Electrolumens sub-forum in the Manufacturers forum. Wayne uses multiple lux III emitters using optics or reflectors to shape the beam. They put out lots of light.