Who's a Surefire Expert?! I need to know what model...

SureF1reFan

Newly Enlightened
Hey Guys & Gals...

Long time ...

Quick question: A Boulder County Sheirff Officer (and flashlight-fan) that works part time at the company I work for has asked me to help him sell a Surefire Classic handgun light. He used it on his GLOCK for years when doing warrant arrests in Dallas.
"knock-knock here we come to arrest/blind you warrants :>

It has the old 1.5 inch pressure "tape" switch, all black, "classic" design...
For me to sell this, I'd like to know what model.
<I'm sure the buyer of this would like to know too>

It clamps with four HEX screws and a small plate that hooks on the inside of the trigger guard a GLOCK, pressure tape switch, takes P60/P61 Lamps. 6V Model.

So the question is: what Model is this?

Thank you !

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
Maybe time to "upgrade" to the Military Series (W111C or W111D) or maybe the Nitrolon Series (P101/P111C/P111D). These take the P60 and P61 Lamp Assemblies.

Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!

Size15's

Flashaholic
It must be a very old model since SureFire appears to have consolidated it's Classic handgun WeaponLights for the Glock to the 644R / 644AR a long time ago

SureF1reFan

Newly Enlightened
Size 15.... You are a God.

This is the closest picture that I've seen to the design that is sitting in front of me.

We're going out to purchase a new Digi-camera soon then I'll take a picture of the SF.

Again thanks for looking around for what the heck model this is...
I talked with the Sheriff again about it.... he thinks it's 10+ years old. ( not the bulb or batts of course).

Size15's

Flashaholic
I know that I have seen a better photo of this very old model somewhere. However, I spent some time yesterday looking and that photo was the only one I found...

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it one of these? OsoGrande carries (or at least has pics of) a good selection of the classic handgun lights...

http://osograndeknives.com/Sure-Fire/sure-fire_classic_system_handgun_weaponlights.htm

These have the slimline switches, but yours sounds like it has the actual wire with a tapeswitch pad that you stick somewhere on the grip. Now that I look closer, some of those pics could be just pics of the 610r repeated, but this might help anyway.

Viet-Vet

Newly Enlightened
This photo shows the tape switch. I believe this is an old version of the 310R...

Here is a 610R/310R SureFire manual; the only difference between the 610R and the 310R was two CR-123's or one making them either 6 volt or 3 volt. Hope this helps you identify what you have?
shurfire610r006.jpg

HistoryChannel

Enlightened
Ahahahaha! I really did laugh out loud. :) I always check the date. Often when I Bing or search on CPF, the results are from years ago.