**M@G11 Bike**

ktronik

Enlightened
Fitted a NOC M@g with a KIU hi-temp socket, WA01111, Litho LOP Alloy Reflector & a boro lens...

mag11bike2.jpg

mag11bike.jpg

Turns out that the WA01111 bulb is great for biking, as the beam on a LOP has great sidways spill...this is good thing for bikes, but not as good for flashlights...

Runs off of 7.2v 3800ma/hr RC nimh battery packs...hot, 7.8v give 1,106lm/719lm... :grin2:

enjoy

Ktronik

Last edited:

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, you slick and clever dog! That's hot! The color combination is great! Congratulations! :thumbsup:

Have you tried an MOP? It would seem ,to me, that an MOP might be a good choice for biking.

missionaryman

Enlightened
very well done, I am using a ROP in a 2C with a Cyclopblock - just in case anyone thinks this is license to buy a cyclopblock let me say they are utter crap. Without the two heavy duty cable ties you can forget about it.

I always thought a stubbed maglite would be a better solution with a sattelite battery pack, got a picture of the battery?

ktronik

Enlightened
missionaryman said:
very well done, I am using a ROP in a 2C with a Cyclopblock - just in case anyone thinks this is license to buy a cyclopblock let me say they are utter crap. Without the two heavy duty cable ties you can forget about it.

I always thought a stubbed maglite would be a better solution with a sattelite battery pack, got a picture of the battery?

Hey Matey,

Its a 7.2v RC, sub C pack...2 stacks of 3 end to end...very common & cheap...

I have switched to the HS litho123 reflector...nice...I tried the FM deep SMO, Very nice...but very heavy on the front of the bar...I will run the clamp backwards...unit I find a better solution...

I have some blanks left... I made 5 'NOC' blanks...got some more KIU hi-temp sockets, WA01166 & analog PWM's, on their way...as I will be using a WA01166 w a PWM driver circuit
details
as it will be with in specs of the PWM I will be using...it should, in theory, work... :grin2:

Enjoy

Ktronik

missionaryman

Enlightened
wow excellent set up, did you make the clamp yourself too?
yo should try a 9.6v pack with the westinghouse 6v35w - 1500 torch lumes, they'll see ya coming with that on!!!!!