Fully water proof 7 led light

yclo

Flashaholic*
fd9bed3a.jpg

fd9bed39.jpg

fd9bed38.jpg

fd9bed35.jpg

Parts:
-Clear plastic (very tough) screw top water proof container, obtained in an airport souvenir shop in Japan
-4 AA battery holder
-7 leds
-Magnetic switch
-Bike light

Operation:
Use little piece of magnet to activate the magnetic switch. This causes the bike light circuitry to change state each time you hold the magnet near it, no need to keep the magnet there.
Cycles through 3 modes, blink1-blink2-constant on. Constant on seems to be PWM as it can be seen flashing when waved around.
Bike light (those red ones you put on the back of a bike) cost a whopping $1. Seems like a good price for a switch. If you're lucky you might get more modes.

YC

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Nice YC! I like the use of the reed switch. Very smart for H20 proof application! Nice combination and assembly of existing components. You need to get one of Darell's rare earth magnets. A tiny one will activate the switch.
smile.gif

yclo

Flashaholic*
Thanks guys!

Oh umm... this would fall under the "homemade" category. So there's really no modding part, since I made the whole thing up.

YC

D

**DONOTDELETE**

WHOA! I could have sworn it was a factory job. Nice work!

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by ElektroLumens:
The magnetic switch is very interesting. Where did you get it?

Wayne J.
www.elektrolumens.com
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If it is just the magnetic reed switch you want, Digikey has a whole page of them, same with Mouser. I've worked with these some. I suggest that you get the smallest, with the lowest A-T rating that you can.

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Doug S:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by ElektroLumens:
The magnetic switch is very interesting. Where did you get it?

Wayne J.
www.elektrolumens.com
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If it is just the magnetic reed switch you want, Digikey has a whole page of them, same with Mouser. I've worked with these some. I suggest that you get the smallest, with the lowest A-T rating that you can.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks Doug

Wayne J.