Ordered Surefire L4 :)

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
At last, I've ordered a Surefire L$ from lighthound. I've already ordered some rechargeables from AW for it too :)

But I'm looking for a good holster for it. I've done a few searches here on the forum, but I couldn't find what I'm looking for. (if it even exists).
So what am I looking for?

A holster that will snugly fit the L4. I'd really like it to have the elastic sides like the Fenix holsters, but with a flap to protect the bezel and added security. A black leather one would be great (like the new style leather holsters that come with the Leatherman Charge Ti, but sized for the L4).
But a Perfect fit is more important than material.

anyone knows a holster that meets this spec??

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
If a perfect fit is important to you then you can't beat Kydex IMHO, I have one for my L4 and got it from David at buybrownholsters.com. His delivery is very fast and you will have a holster that is custom made for your light. BTW, the L4 is one of my favorite lights.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
I've been looking at the kydex holsters, but I really want the extra protection a flap offers. Almost everything I ever carried in an open top holster got lost. Don't ask how, it just did... Even a very special Zippo (gift from deceased grandfather) in a custom made, very snug fitting kydex holster.
My fenix is the only thing in an open top holster that I haven't lost and thats because it has a lanyard on it thats connected to the holster itself...

Anyone know if Maxpedition has any holsters that will fit a SF L4 snugly?

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, I almost forgot, another CPFer makes incredible holsters out of exotic materials. Once again, you will need to inquire about one made specifically for the L4, but look for stuff by member m-thew, or check his site:

http://artofthehide.com

schiesz

Last edited:

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
maycooper, tells us if there is a lanyard included together with the l4.

becuase some sites says it is included but somes sites doesn't say anything about the lanyard.

Dutchman

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

This is my first post in this very good forum!

Why don't you make your own.

Buy some ballistic nylon or nylon belt from an camping/outdoor shop.

Cut t it to match, be sure so heat the edges to keep the edges from frailing and
use blind staples or use needle and thread.

I haven't figured out how to put pictures in this post.

I have made holsters for flashlights, multitools, HH radio's and combined ones for flashlight and multitool.:sssh:

kees

B@rt

Flashaholic
Hi Kees,
welcome2.gif
;)

Here is a link to a pic posting FAQ, it is a bit outdated, but it should help you a bit. :)
Posting pictures.

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
wee!!! the lanyard is included! ,now i don't need to spend $9 more just to ge the lanyard...(yes, i am frugal as a kid on budget)

Dutchman

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

On the leather issue.

Don't use thick leather, the one they use for horse riding stuff, and not very thin and to flexable.

After cutting it to size, I use two pieces of aluminium, holes drilled in them, as a template, put very tight on the leather pieces you want to put together, drill the holes, 1 or 1,5 mm. then use a strong thread and start. When you want and the holes are big enough you can go back, however reverse, meaning you enter the hole where the thread (from the first time) comes out. I ll tell you it will become very strong.

The Boy Scouts of America used to sell a simple leather combo holster for an AA light and a small Tool.

Kees