Best price/best co. to deal with for StreamlightTLR-1

sink156

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,
This is my first post here and first off I gotta tell you I've learned more about lights in two hours of browsing here than I thought possible.

Anyway my problem is that I don't order much stuff on-line and am a generaly skeptical person. I need a Streamlight TLR-1 and want the best price possible (of course) but just as important I want to deal with a reputable company.

Island Security has them for $99.99 with free shipping and a 2% off for CPF members but I don't know anything about this co.

Any and all insight into them or other companies to deal with would be greatly appreciated.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF!

Haven't dealt with this vendor, but generally (not always) merchants that have a legitimate brick and mortar presence are a bit more reliable than a vendor who's whole business is web based out of a mail drop and hasn't been in business very long. On the other hand, there are some established vendors on this site who are very reliable, expedient, and operate solely out of a PO Box or mail drop and a web site.

The price that you found is quite reasonable, and the free shipping is just an added bonus. Web consumers often get themselves into trouble by searching solely by price and then just going for the lowest price (sometimes a price that is too good to believe is just that.) For the most part, I don't think you're going to find too much of a price difference from the $99 price that is going to amount to much more than a few dollars, and then you're liable to find your overall total to end up being more. On the other hand, if you have reservations, it could be your justification for a trip to Vegas where you could pick it up and not worry about whether or not he'll ship it to you (if his in-store prices are the same as the web prices.