I sold my Inova XO3, but now want it and a T2!!!

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
The rings in the beam were very distracting on my XO3, but boy did it throw. Now, I want the T2....but am afraid of the rings....are these lights still like an archery target beam?

alvin70

Newly Enlightened
The rings as u've mentioned is becoz of the TIROS lens, i've experienced the same in my T3 and if i'm not wrong, thr T2 uses the Tiros lens also, IMHO.

alvin

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
The T2 will have the same beam style as the XO3. I think any sort of TIR optic will produce peripheral rings.

I had to look up "peripheral" in the dictionary to spell it.

rider

Newly Enlightened
The T2 has essentially the same optic (just smaller) as the X03 and T3. I think the ringy spillbeam is less distracting on the T2 than on the more powerful lights, but it's certainly there. I've also found I've gotten used to it after using the lights for a while, and don't think about it much anymore.

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Didn't I here something about a REFLECTORED version of the XO (which is the "X" version of the T2) coming down the pike?

Ah yes, here we go:

http://www.equipped.org/pp/pic10316.htm

Its called the XO2 and supposedly uses a "2 Watt" LED- whether that's an overdriven Lux I or an underdriven Lux III is anyone's guess. Its got the flared head of the XO3/T3 so that it can fit a nice, deep reflector! Supposedly, this light is twice as bright as the former XO/T2, so my only concern would be that the excellent runtime seen in the XO/T2 would be cut a little short.

Anyway, this light is supposed to surface in JUNE, so hopefully we won't have too long to wait before the reviews start coming out. Best part- MSRP is only $40!

You can read more here:
http://www.equipped.org/shot_show_2006_LED_flashlights-3.htm

rider

Newly Enlightened
Solstice said:
Didn't I here something about a REFLECTORED version of the XO (which is the "X" version of the T2) coming down the pike?

I was getting ready to buy one until I saw Quickbeam's review on FLR.

Inova appears to have castrated their regulation circuitry:

FlashlightReviews review here

The regulation is nearly perfect on the X0, X03, T1, T2, T3, etc., so this is quite disappointing.

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm- I hadn't seen that review. I wonder why Inova went mucking about with their regulation circuitry. Could Doug's review sample be faulty? (I know, wishfull thinking ;))
Well, perhaps this edition will be easier to open up for modders to replace the board with better electronics, T/U binned Lux 3s, etc.

dmz

Enlightened
Does the clickie from the T2 or T3 fit the new X02?

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr. Blue said:
The rings in the beam were very distracting on my XO3, but boy did it throw. Now, I want the T2....but am afraid of the rings....are these lights still like an archery target beam?

Whatever you do, don't get the new reflectored XO. Get the old and good XO with TIROS.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I personally like the new reflectored one. It has a lot of output, and the regulation works.. could be better though.

-David

dmz

Enlightened
Tiros spotlight is not as useful as a reflector. Is the XO2 body the same diameter as the X5T? Or is it the same diameter as the XO3/T3?

dmz said:
Tiros spotlight is not as useful as a reflector. Is the XO2 body the same diameter as the X5T? Or is it the same diameter as the XO3/T3?

From the pics it looks like Inova has deviated from its sleek tube-like shape on the X0 and has converted the X0 to an X03-type body. Too bad. But I'm still intrigued by the new reflector design. That could be a good thing.