I CAN ONLY BUY ONE!!!!

pilotmx5

Newly Enlightened
I found this sight while researching the Surefire k2 kroma.
I have to buy a new light soon, I caught some virus after using this sight.
Money is an object right now :(
I currently have a L2 and a G2 and want a cool new toy!
I have agonizingly narrowed it down to three:
- Surefire k2 kroma
- Orb Raw Ns
- Build a ROP with a new 2D

I can justify one new light for right now, anymore than that friends will think i'm crazy and i can't keep secrets if i bought more than one. I can wait for the K2 (time to save money), I could really use the Orb (no keychain light), and the rop would just be plain out fun (least expensive-fun to build).
I plan on owning all three at sometime, but just one for at least the next several months.

Somebody decide for me. PLEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEEEE!

Last edited:

cslinger

Enlightened
Surefire A2 or a HDS EDC Basic/Ultimate 42 or 60. There you have it. 8D

Actually from your choices the KROMA as it seems to be the closest to the A2.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why no incandescent lights?

I was going to suggest a Surefire M3, but we don't know what your cash limit is.

ops I reead your post seems like you do have a G2

Oh well, your not going to like my suggestion, but you shold save up your money until you have enought to buy a killer cool flashlight!

My "personal" opinion and conclusion I've come to after 30 years of buying flashlights is that less is more. Buy less but make what you buy great! If you do like I did, you will end up with dozens of so-so flashlights that if you put together you could buy a couple Surefire M6's. But then again maybe it will take you years of experience just like it took me. :(

Last edited:

pilotmx5

Newly Enlightened
I really want one of the three i listed. I'm open to suggestion but really really interested in those three and maybe one alternative to each. Money is limited on more than that, i can't justify buying several lights in a short amount of time and, I tend to not appreciate them or anything "toy" if i buy several in a short amount of time. To really answer your question though....... I'm not ready to spend more than 300.00= cost of the new k2 kroma soon to be released.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
pilotmx5 said:
I really want one of the three i listed. I'm open to suggestion but really really interested in those three and maybe one alternative to each. Money is limited on more than that, i can't justify buying several lights in a short amount of time and, I tend to not appreciate them or anything "toy" if i buy several in a short amount of time. To really answer your question though....... I'm not ready to spend more than 300.00= cost of the new k2 kroma soon to be released.

If you wait until the Kroma is released I bet you'll have found your answer.

Sometimes it can be real tough being a flashaholic. I waited months for the Fire~Fly I, months more when he decided to make the Fire~Fly II, and now what six months for the Spy005?

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Build the ROP, for God's sake! If you've never had or seen a high powered Mag mod, then you're going to be in for a huge surprise. I pretty sure it'll be the coolest and most fun of the toys you've listed. Next in line, the RAW.

pilotmx5

Newly Enlightened
I've never seen a mag mod, I've seen the beamshots posted on here and they look awesome! The Raw is most needed right now due no g2 in the car (my girlfriend and i now live 2 hours away and i gave it to her incase of breakdown at night along her route), the kroma would be just a nice addition to my collection and could be my "do it all", but nobody knows much about them or when they might be out. DON'T KNOW HOW LONG I CAN HOLD OFF!!! Plus, the main reason i like the kroma is a TIR lens on a 60 lumen SF. I'm hoping for a long throw LED combined with close up area lighting from the auxilery blue/reds.

citizenal

Newly Enlightened
I agree with Trashman, build a ROP and save up for the Kroma. From what I have read, it will take another 2 to 3 months before the release anyways, so why not build the ROP and then save up another 100 or so that it costs for the ROP and then have the Kroma in a few months when its released. That way you can have both and not feel like you had to wait for a Kroma for so long because of the ROP.

pilotmx5

Newly Enlightened
Yes, one at a time, If i buy more than that of anything including lights I might favor one more than the other. Nobody should neglect a new toy! I figure i'll probably buy all three with in the next year unless major technologys changes things and i can get a 250 lumen 5 stage Orb Raw Ns with 3 tritium vials and 5 hour runtime off of a RCR2 for 19.99$ +s/h, LOL.

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trashman said:
Build the ROP, for God's sake! If you've never had or seen a high powered Mag mod, then you're going to be in for a huge surprise. I pretty sure it'll be the coolest and most fun of the toys you've listed. Next in line, the RAW.

I'm going to have to 2nd this suggestion. The ROP is the most awesome mod ever. Affordable, simple, and BRIGHT!

I would recommend the 2D version though. All you have to do is buy one of these battery holders:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/111885

Get the 6AA - 2D one. With that battery holder you can even charge the batteries while they are still in the holder. Another bonus with this version is that you dont have to mess with the unprotected Lithium cells which can be dangerous if you dont know what yuo're doing. You still get decent runtime with this one and this mod will still be very affordable. Probably one of the more affordable hot wire mods out there.

Feel free to PM me on specifics about this mod if you have any questions.

pilotmx5

Newly Enlightened
So for around 80$ i can have a RoP, plus i need to buy a 2D maglight. Now Where can you get those funky colored maglights at reasonable prices?