surefire l2 thoughts?

s.duff

Enlightened
what's the consensus on these nowadays? i'm thinking about pursuing one, but i can't make up my mind. i have an l1 that i like very much, but the lux V of the l2 intrigues me. can i hear some pros/cons?

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm. S. Duff this light is A little long compared to SureFire L4,A2 and L5. It has Great Brightness, 2 levels. The Only Con is its Extremley short Runtime. I was going to pick one up today but i did not becuase of the runtime. Have you considered the L4 Smaller size and almost the same brightness.

pilotmx5

Newly Enlightened
Love my L2! From the way I use I get a combination of 4-6 hours on low and 25-40 minutes on high per set of surefire 123's. It is kinda long but has a great clip doesn't role away from me like my old mini mag junk.

s.duff

Enlightened
skalomax said:
Hmm. S. Duff this light is A little long compared to SureFire L4,A2 and L5. It has Great Brightness, 2 levels. The Only Con is its Extremley short Runtime. I was going to pick one up today but i did not becuase of the runtime. Have you considered the L4 Smaller size and almost the same brightness.

that's actually another issue that i am consdiering. i have an l4 that i love and was wondering how they compared to each other, and whether or not the l2 would be "necessary."

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually the L4 and L2 are both rated at 100 Lumens. I dont own a L2 but the brightness should be *about the same with the L2 being a tad brighter. Check Out Flashlight Fan.com They have the comparison of the Both.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Regardless of the lumen output ratings the L2 I have is the brightest LED flashlight of its type that I have (and I have 3 or 4 L4's).

My thoughts of the SureFire L2?
SureFire have a real job on their hands to make a new flashlight that is a more ideal EDC for me.

Al

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would reccomend the A2 over the L2, especially if you've already got an L1 and an L4.

It's better to think of the L2 as a 15 lumen light with a loooong output, with a "burst" mode for quick uses of full brightness.

M I K

Enlightened
The fiscally dysfunctional State of Kommiefornia
The L2 I had was a battery eater. The low beam was so bright at 15 Lumens that after I used the light a while and drew the batts down a bit, the high beam wouldn't even come on. The batts had to be fairly good for the high beam to come on. The most agrivating part about the L2 for me was the twisty tail cap. I was constantly adjusting the cap to keep the "momentary on" feature timed right. And it always felt "long" in my hand. I eventually sold it and bought a U2, which is the same length, but feels great in my hand. jmho.