Nuwai Q III's

attowatt

Enlightened
Are they( nuwai) still making Q3's?

meaning the old style type that has the clicky switch type on-off.

if so have they improved on bin output?

I had picked up about 6 of these , but haven given all away.

Thanks
Jim

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shykuang still makes the Q3 to my knowledge...Nuwai rebrands the lights and is the manufacturer/retailer we're most familiar with. Q3s are still available and I recommend LED_Experimenter in the Dealers forum if you're looking for another Q3. The switch is still a clicky, but is more a hybrid standard-reverse clicky now. The new switch has momentary capability. The old switch was a reverse clicky. I don't think the reverse clicky versions are being made any longer, but other vendors may still have old stock (I received reverse clicky versions along with the new clicky version from other vendors when I ordered them 6 months ago).

stockae92

Enlightened
its funny that my friend's newer Q3 seems to run out of juice some what quicker than my older Q3

attowatt

Enlightened
jsr said:
snip>>> The switch is still a clicky, but is more a hybrid standard-reverse clicky now. The new switch has momentary capability.

Thanks jsr,

I have a few 2 or 3 of the on1-on2-off type switches that go in this light. I set them up with on2 being a 22ohm resistor for low light conditions. So I guess the newer style is what I am looking for. I will browse the forums a little to see where I can find the cheapest ones.

Jim:wave: