Fitorch        
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121516171819202122
Results 631 to 650 of 650

Thread: Show your beat up light.

  1. #631
    Flashaholic* LiftdT4R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    NJ / PA
    Posts
    859

    Default Re: Show your beat up light.

    Thanks!! I have some before and during pics on my blog at: http://maglitehistory.blogspot.com/2...osion-and.html

    I love restoring old lights! I've gotten some pretty crazy requests over the years from old Kel-Lites to some Mags with some gnarly stuck batteries. I've only had 2 or 3 lights out of a couple hundred I couldn't do anything with.

    Some say beat up I say character!!! I'm eyeing this one on fleabay now but the owner wants just a little too much for it. Would make for a nice little project though, stuck end cap and all.


  2. #632

    Default Re: Show your beat up light.

    Lol, I was just looking at your blog AND that light! Darn this forum! Anyway the look of that mag you rescued and the fact that you carry it under your arm to grab wood for your stove just painted the most romantic flashlight picture for me. Beat up classic incan mag still put to use out in the woods. At least that was the picture in my mind. Good stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by LiftdT4R View Post
    Thanks!! I have some before and during pics on my blog at: http://maglitehistory.blogspot.com/2...osion-and.html

    I love restoring old lights! I've gotten some pretty crazy requests over the years from old Kel-Lites to some Mags with some gnarly stuck batteries. I've only had 2 or 3 lights out of a couple hundred I couldn't do anything with.

    Some say beat up I say character!!! I'm eyeing this one on fleabay now but the owner wants just a little too much for it. Would make for a nice little project though, stuck end cap and all.


  3. #633
    Flashaholic* LiftdT4R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    NJ / PA
    Posts
    859

    Default Re: Show your beat up light.

    Call me crazy but I get a ton of satisfaction out of it when using it, more so than some of the really expensive lights I have. The beam is terrible because it still has the original reflector and lens but I think of all the use this light got and how it ended up with me and it's just really cool that it's still kicking. Maglites are also really nostalgic for me growing up with them and all. It's one of the few hobbies I know where 7 bucks can go a long way.

    You must have a cool beat up light with a good story too?

  4. #634

    Default Re: Show your beat up light.

    Sometimes ďterribleĒ beams are the best kind. Iíve got an incandescent solitaire running bedside right now just cause I love the warm glow it puts out. I sanded the lens to clean up the beam but itís still a solitiaybeam. Donít care, I love it. The light that Iíd post isnít really mine just yet. My dad has had a 2d mag up in the closet of the house I grew up in ever since I can remember. Only person that uses it is me when I go stay with them. Theyíve moved on to other lights, a few that Iíve gifted them. But that old Maglite is pretty awesome. Iíve told my dad many times I was gonna take it and reviving it. I was thinking malkoff dropin or something. But the more I think about it Iíd like to have it just the way it is. Iíd run Eneloops in adapters so that leaks wouldnít kill it. Iíll get a pic next time I see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LiftdT4R View Post
    Call me crazy but I get a ton of satisfaction out of it when using it, more so than some of the really expensive lights I have. The beam is terrible because it still has the original reflector and lens but I think of all the use this light got and how it ended up with me and it's just really cool that it's still kicking. Maglites are also really nostalgic for me growing up with them and all. It's one of the few hobbies I know where 7 bucks can go a long way.

    You must have a cool beat up light with a good story too?

  5. #635

    Default Re: Show your beat up light.

    How about a beat up sidewalk?

    My PR-1 ding'd the sidewalk.


    My prototype FL 2 was tested by the man himself to determine how a kerekote would hold up.

    The PR-1 after 2+ years of daily pocket carry.
    John 3:16

  6. #636

    Default Re: Show your beat up light.

    Gonna need the info in that old Buck knife sir. Preferably with a picture of it opened up 👍🏼
    Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    How about a beat up sidewalk?

    My PR-1 ding'd the sidewalk.


    My prototype FL 2 was tested by the man himself to determine how a kerekote would hold up.

    The PR-1 after 2+ years of daily pocket carry.

  7. #637
    ven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    20,102

    Default Re: Show your beat up light.

    I never thought I would say this(as I have a little OCD with chips n stuff), but it does look better worn in

  8. #638
    Flashaholic* LiftdT4R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    NJ / PA
    Posts
    859

    Default Re: Show your beat up light.

    Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    I never thought I would say this(as I have a little OCD with chips n stuff), but it does look better worn in
    I'll second that. A clean light, like a clean truck or bike, is the sign of a crazy person!

  9. #639
    ven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    20,102

    Default Re: Show your beat up light.

    Quote Originally Posted by LiftdT4R View Post
    I'll second that. A clean light, like a clean truck or bike, is the sign of a crazy person!

    I am definitely then

  10. #640
    Flashaholic* Toohotruk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Highway to Hell
    Posts
    2,604

    Default Re: lets see your scratched up lights

    Way cool to see the PKs on here! Wish I had the money to get one, man they are expensive!

  11. #641

    Default Re: Show your beat up light.

    Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    I am definitely then
    The Lovely Mrs. Gardiner has seen a guy go so far as to use black permanent marker on his EDC.

    ~ CG
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

  12. #642

    Default Re: Show your beat up light.

    Quote Originally Posted by gurdygurds View Post
    Gonna need the info in that old Buck knife sir. Preferably with a picture of it opened up 👍🏼
    That Mr Gurds is a $2.99 check out counter special from Northern tools.
    I spent about 30 minutes a day during a 100 day furlough putting and edge on it. Persistence paid off as some 3 or 4 years later it only takes a few minutes to get a sharp edge back on it.


    Here it is with a genuine Buck you may remember


    And my other EDC. A Gerber you may remember.

    FYI: both were once in gurdygurds collection.

    I kept losing that model Buck so I stashed the one GG sold me.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 09-13-2018 at 08:58 PM.
    John 3:16

  13. #643

    Default Re: Show your beat up light.

    Wow I completely misjudged that. Iím losing my stuff!. I thought it was maybe a Buck 55 or something similar. Man I need to get more sleep. Hey thanks for sharing regardless and glad those little blades are getting used.
    Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    That Mr Gurds is a $2.99 check out counter special from Northern tools.
    I spent about 30 minutes a day during a 100 day furlough putting and edge on it. Persistence paid off as some 3 or 4 years later it only takes a few minutes to get a sharp edge back on it.


    Here it is with a genuine Buck you may remember


    And my other EDC. A Gerber you may remember.

    FYI: both were once in gurdygurds collection.

    I kept losing that model Buck so I stashed the one GG sold me.

  14. #644

    Default Re: Show your beat up light.

    It's a pretty much look-alike to some classics.
    John 3:16

  15. #645

    Default Re: Show your beat up light.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    The Lovely Mrs. Gardiner has seen a guy go so far as to use black permanent marker on his EDC.

    ~ CG
    I've done that. It rubs off so easily. You have to spray paint that $#&% black.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

  16. #646

    Default Re: lets see your scratched up lights

    HDS RA Clicky. Been through hell. Name a more robust light. I. Dare. You. Pictured with a colonel blades full bird. Unmatched Durability...


  17. #647
    Flashaholic* peter yetman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    North Norfolk UK
    Posts
    2,727

    Default Re: Show your beat up light.

    Quote Originally Posted by LiftdT4R View Post
    I'll second that. A clean light, like a clean truck or bike, is the sign of a crazy person!
    Does this count?


  18. #648
    Flashaholic* LiftdT4R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    NJ / PA
    Posts
    859

    Default Re: Show your beat up light.

    Love that Hi-lux!! I am always sooo sad we can't get them here in the states, at least not easily. If you can't tell from my user name I am a big Yota fan!

  19. #649

    Default Re: Show your beat up light.

    I imagine ya'll have already seen it, but google Toyota Hilux Top Gear and watch the video\videos. Shows how impressively tough and well built those things are. My dream vehicle ever since I was a kid. Still have yet to own one.

  20. #650
    Modernflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Dirty Dirty South
    Posts
    2,496

    Default Re: Show your beat up light.

    Three quid for a bottle? Sounds like a great deal! Count me in! Nice truck, too. Those things last forever. They are the HDS of automobiles.
    ďMay it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.Ē
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121516171819202122

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •