looking for a waterproof 4AA battery holder

papasan

Enlightened
looking for a waterproof 4AA battery holder for a headlamp i'm working on. thinking about the petzl duo batery compartment, but i was curious if anyone knew of others to check out? just need the actual holder, doesn't need to be fancy or have switches or anything else, just a straight-forward 4AA series holder. thanks.

FNG

Enlightened
Go to your local home improvement store and buy a couple feet of copper pipe(the same ones they use for plumbing. A AA battery fits perfect inside of it. They also sell end caps for it. I wanted to do this buy its not conveniant to carry. If I ever get a battery holder, id want it to the the same size as the one in the Surge that holds 8 or more batteries.

KenBar

Enlightened
Outside Dimensions:
4-3/8"L x 3-1/2"W x 1-7/16"D
Inside Dimensions:
3-15/16"L x 2-1/4"W x 1"D

........was built to keep items dry.
The closed cell neoprene o-ring creates a positive seal which does not allow water in. The boxes we tested off the coast of Alaska reached depths well beyond 100 feet without leaking. Independent tests, as well as our own, have consistently shown that all sizes of the Otter BoxTM are leak proof to at least a depth of 110 feet.

Battery Box
And it is on sale....
$5.94

After you get it all done...drill a hole barely larger than the wire you are using and seal with aquarium sealer...
The box allows you to use single, doubble, etc holders from radio shack. Just take the box with you and try the combo you want.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wolfman:

How high a temperature can the Otter boxes withstand without deforming? Anything close to the 340 degrees F rating of the Maglight polycarbonate reflector?

These containers seem like very interesting project light cases. I'm toying with putting 6 @ 2450 mAh 7.2 V 6A cell packs into an Otter 9000 or 8 packs into an Otter 3500. The question is how and where I would mount the reflector assembly.

KenBar

Enlightened
Sorry...not sure about the heat thing.
I used mine for a versalux (Eternalight people) and 4 C cells. For me, it worked better. I wanted a light that was waterproof, lasted a long time, used easily obtainable batteries etc. It was easy to drill the "box". It was hard yet not brittle at all. I tried 2 LS modules and was not totally pleased. I spent about 100 bucks on regulators etc and although it did work, the Versalux seemed to produce more useable light...for me.
Good luck!
Versalux 10 Led

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wolfman:

Another man with a strong ego and sense of identity who's not afraid to say he doesn't know when he doesn't know.

Thanks for responding.

I'm pondering what I think about the relatively significant weight of the containers. I probably will mull things over for a while.

Clark