My black KL1 head came in today! Outstanding!

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I've built my black HA E2L - gorgeous. E2D body + tailcap from black HA E1e + black HA KL1 head = my new EDC! I can't wait till nightime to walk the dog! I have a McE2S 30 ohm 2 stage tailcap switch as well but I may not put it on there. I don't know if I want to or can take apart that nice black HA Z57 clickie without tearing it up. Have to think about that for a while. I really like the beam. Squarish but very white, can't tell if it has a tint yet. I'll break out my L5 and take it outside along with this and see which has more throw. Anyway, if anyone is considering the E2L, I have to say - GET IT! Heres' a pic:

Now I have a black HA series head laying around with the one cell lamp and the 25 lumen 2 cell lamp on the way from lighthound. Thinking about building a beater light for the wife. May have to break down and get a VitalGear 2 cell body. I swore I'd never get one of those. But they're significanly cheaper than buying a 2 cell E series body and tailcap. Besides I don't want to get anything too nice for her, cuz she'll have it tore up in no time....

Last edited:

InfidelCastro

Banned
KDOG3 said:
I really like the beam. Squarish but very white, can't tell if it has a tint yet.

RemingtonBPD said:
What is the saying..A picture is worth a thousand words....PICTURES!!!

It's white you say? Pictures you ask for? No problem.
I really think the KL1 might be the best all around LED head for a Surefire light. It's bright, has a long runtime, it's white and it throws reasonably. Pretty good for an LED anyways.

E2L with KL1 head vs. new reflectored Inova X1

x1vse2l.jpg

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Added pic to original post....

Yup, thats just what mine looks like InfidelCastro. Love it...

Last edited:

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats' the one LiteMania is selling in the Dealer forum. I love it. I got it with the TekLock clip. It was originally designed for an E1e and a spare battery, but this light (basically an E2L) fits in there just fine. I can get 2 batteries in there fine if you put them in there just right. Theres' pics of them in the thread. Check 'em out. You'll probably get one! I'm considering getting one for my L5 and G2....

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get an FO4 beam Shaper!!! Very wise investment for this fantastic KL1.

I just got mine back today (it was broken, so surefire sent me a new one ((In about 1 week!!)) )

I also got The new Tailcap by don. It looks awesome with my 1xcr123 aleph body. Its like a black E1L :)

TailcapD3.jpg

I think the black looks so much nicer then natural. I almost want to get a black KL4, but its a risk with tints. Very nice KLE2D!

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
You sure can! Awesome. I think I'll try it this way at work tommorrow. Great suggestion greenLED! I scratched up my screws getting it off the TekLok, but thats nothing a little sharpie can't handle! I have mine setup for left hand carry and I like how it sits below the belt line in this config as well. You can turn it around for right hand carry but the light will either be facing to the rear or be on the bottom. Your choice I guess, unless you can get it made the way you want from the beginning. Anyway, I'll report back tommorrow on how this works. Heres' the pic:

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I have to say that the side mount works, but its not safe for your light! I almost ran to bezel/lens into a machine at work today. So at lunch I put it back stock.