Surefire digital lights questions

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't know if anybody has any inside info or not but from looking at pictures on PK's site, are they regulated incandescent lights? (as opposed to the Luxeon LED lights which are different category?) What is the light output? If they claim 50 minutes on rechargeable 450mAhour rechargeable, then I would assume much more with regular 123 batteries? With that kind of runtime, I would imagine not as bright as other equal number of battery Surefire lights?

Just speculation on my part from looking at the pictures but we all have been clamering for a regulated incandescent light so this may fill the ticket. If anybody has anymore info (or speculation) then please respond.

Byron Walter

Enlightened
Sorry I don't know much more than you (I'm sure someone will provide a better reply later). From what I can tell one of the new series of lights apparently combines a conventional bulb with some leds in which case the leds will be regulated, not the incandescent bulb. Those be some wild critters hatching out of PK's lab, eh?

Byron

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi

By tonight I hope to complete a verv, very detailed deescription(s) of the new SF a1, l1, l2, m2 digital and c2 digital. The trick here is that some of what I was told varies slightly from what is described in the SF 2002 catalog.

Through out the catalog are contraditions; run times and lumens. As example, when the catalog was printed, it listed the Luxon Star output as being between 13 and 20 lumens (numbers that were provided to SF from Luxeon Star mfg). PK indicated in their testing the ture output to be 13 lumens.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Byron Walter:
Sorry I don't know much more than you (I'm sure someone will provide a better reply later). From what I can tell one of the new series of lights apparently combines a conventional bulb with some leds in which case the leds will be regulated, not the incandescent bulb. Those be some wild critters hatching out of PK's lab, eh?
Byron
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe you are talking about the digital fusion. That's one group of pictures. The Luxeon's are the regulated LED bezels and are another group of pictures and what I was refering to is the digital series on a third group of picture's on PK's site that I believe are the ones they are referring to that can run on the rechargeable batteries. This is from what little info I've gathered from other posts and from the picture's on PK's site. Hopefully Mr. Bear will fill us in later.

recercare

Enlightened
Okay......

1. Lumamax-series = 1 led, regulated or not?

2. Digital Fusion = Incandescent with 3 leds, where only the leds are regulated?

3. Digital Series = Rechargeable Incandescents (or leds?).

4. The last group of pics seems like new led bezels for existing incandescents

5. Beast = HID