New HDS 42XRGT reflector "gouge"

dcowboyscr

Newly Enlightened
Greenwood(Indianapolis), Indiana & Orlando, Florid
Just received my HDS EDC 42XRGT. Having been a Surefire man all my life, I gotta say this light is really impressive! At this rate I may have to save up for a U85 when they finally come out. I did notice a small "gouge" on the reflector, the beam quality is not affected, so all in all it really doesn't matter, but I was wondering if all hds's had this or is it an irregular occurance?

iamerror

Enlightened
I also recently bought the same flashlight. I do not notice a gouge on the reflector of mine. Where on the reflector is the gouge located and how large is it?

I originally thought my HDS had a slight problem with the lettering, one part looked lighter than the other (this was solved with warm water, a small amount of soup, and some light scrubbing with an old toothbrush). I was impressed with the HDS and would have kept it even if it actually did have a slight problem with the lettering.

If you can't live with the blemish, you might still be able to get it exchanged. They are clearing these out pretty quickly, though, and they are not coming back.

Last edited:

dcowboyscr

Newly Enlightened
Greenwood(Indianapolis), Indiana & Orlando, Florid
I don't have a camera so i can't post pics, but it's about halfway between the lense and the led. It doesn't affect the beam, so I'll just live with it. It's just kinda annoying if ya know what I mean, I always notice the smallest inperfections for some reason. Maybe a quarter inch if that long, very noticeable.

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
if it doesn't affect the beam...some owuld say "Good to go" :)

But, I would be kinda upset too... Maybe i've adopted the shelf queen logic lol