Fenix P1 MODS

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Several have been complaining about the very hard to engage issues with the newly released Fenix P1. As 4sevens has reported, it has to do with the hard foam shim at the bottom of the battery tube. I personally think the O-Ring is a bit too large as well, but that's just me.

Anyway, Dr. Scholl's Small Corn Cushions to the rescue again. Use some long/narrow needle-nose pliers to pull that foam ring from the bottom of the battery tube. Then apply the corn pad to the bezel-end which touches the batteries positive contact point. It fits perfectly in-place and works like a charm.

Sorry for the sub-par picture, but it's from my phone.

Pix120.jpg

AuroraLite

Enlightened
I used to use the chair leg cushion and a hole punchers to make the 'foam ring', but corn cushion? That's great thinking indeed! Thanks for the info TIN! :thumbsup:

Krit

Enlightened
How cool idea are you? This idea is rather start up for 2 stage switch.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The problem with this then is that some RCR123's wont work. I have some without the nipple, and the stock Fenix P1 squishything works with them.

Will work great for a standard nippled cell though. :)

chanamasala

Enlightened
I have 7 extra new ones and if anyone would care for any, $1 a piece and I'll mail them out to US address.

Alloy Addict

Enlightened
I can only imagine what the drugtore employees will think when they see someone comparing the cornpads to the size of their tiny flashlight.:drool::grin2:

neco

Enlightened
Thanks for posting this mod. I was having problems with engagement of my P1 but this fixed it perfectly. I also posted a couple of clearer pictures for anything else interested in doing the mod. The 2nd picture shows the base of the light after the original foam was removed.
Untitled-1.jpg

Clipboard01-1.jpg