Smallest 3+w CR123 ?

robzr

Newly Enlightened
Whats the smallest CR123 single cell light available with a 3 or more watt LED?

thx

Rob

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fire~Fly III with pocket body, Fenix P1, and Jetbeam Jet-1 (w/123 body) are all within a couple milimeters of each other. The FF3 with keychain body is a few mm longer. I don't think you're gonna get any smaller without going to a CR2 light.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the Fenix P1 isn't the smallest then it is cetainly within a mm or so of what is. I suspect it's the best one for value.

Fiddleback

Enlightened
Not having a Jet-1, I'm going to say the FFIII is the nicest of the three mentioned above. But that TI Exolion is tiny and sweet. Although expensive as hell and not available right now.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fenix P1 is the smallest of my CR123 lights by only a mm or two. The pocket body FireFly would be smaller, but I only have the keychain body. The Jet-1 is about the same as the FF, but several protected rechargeable batteries will not fit in it, where the P1 will probably fit anything because of it's larger battery bay.
Though I like the exterior design of the P1 as more rounded and asthetically pleasing in an organic way, the Jet-1 will satisfy those looking for a more harder industrial look. The P1 is smoother in the pocket because of more rounded tail design. Irrespective of that, I happened to have won the Luxeon lottery on my Jet, but got a more purple-ish tint in my P1. My Jet-1 on Li-Ion is very bright (and white), but still not as bright (or white) as my HDS EDC B60, so neither the Jet or P1 are hitting 60 Lumens they aspire to. I'd guess 50-55 for the Jet-1 and 40-50 for the P1. The FireFly3 is supposed to be right around 60 Lumens, so it should beat both the more simple contenders.

The Exolion is a CR2 light.

frisco

Enlightened
I have 4 JetBeams and 2 P1's

All 4 Jets are brighter than the P1.... I have one Jet that is scary BRIGHT !!!!

The P1 functions better as a 123 twisty. The Jet makes a better AA size.

Brightness was rated with rCR123 cell useing a Minlota digital light meter at the glass.

frisco

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
The name iLUMiBEAM should not be overlooked for the money it $30-40, it is an outstanding value. As claimed, it does beat a Q3. They also stand behind their product. I have admired the ORB Raw since I read about those first legendary U bins. That was my first look at a RCR batteries. After considerable time and money my recent experience the Fenix P1 on RCR 123s has given me total satisfaction! it can throw and it is bright! A great deal! For this set up, including RCR charger, batteries and P1; I spent less than $75. It is unbelievable! highly recomended

The FF3 may be the best and brightest from what I've seen here, but for the money the Fenix P1 on RCR 123s ( possibly NOT encouraged by Fenix) ROCKS!:rock: