Fancy Coast light?

Any Cal.

Enlightened
Hi all. New to post here, but have looked at the site. Just saw a Coast 3 aaa light very similiar in size and look to a Surefire, put out about 4 times as much light with twice the intensity as my L2p w/ 123 body. Anybody have specs on it yet? Thanks.:)

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
It might help if you can be a bit more descriptive about which product you're referring to. Coast imports a lot of lights, knives, and other products. Have you had a chance to look at their web site to see if the light you're asking about is displayed there. If so, they'll have a model number for the light. Most likely you're referring to one of the V2 Tac lights, but knowing the model number will yield more accurate feedback.

Any Cal.

Enlightened
No, the light is not on the website, nor is it shown or featured by any vendors. It was for sale by a Matco tool rep. It seems to be a lux and the look, size and styling cues are very similiar to a Surefire 6P. It is a high power LED with a lens over the top. The head is larger than the body, but it has no narrow neck like their 3 watt lights. The light is all black and comes in a nice box with a black cut foam insert. I am told it is a 3xAAA. Mostly I am looking for specs. I really liked the light, but would prefer a different battery type. It made my Fenix look like a pathetic little candle.:huh:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
It could have been a special run for Matco, though I do know of one of the V2 Tactical lights (it's a variation of the LL7736 light with a larger head) that is currently being sold in various outlets including Fry's (shaped like the LL7748, but the same length as the LL7736. You might want to ask the Matco rep for the model number. If it uses 3AAs it's probably a LL77nn number. Coast has several variations of the V2 Tac lights as you'll see on their site.

If that's the case, it uses a 1.25 watt LED driver of some sort (it's not a Luxeon) and has a tactical clicky. If it's like the LL7736 for output, it would be about the same as a L1P, but without the spill; and just a tad less than a Q-III. Seems like most of the output is focused to the hotspot.

Also, if you get the model number, you can probably get the info that you want straight from the horse's mouth by contacting Coast directly. They're nice folks, they won't bite.