Can I put a uwoj in a RAW NS?

Macaw

Enlightened
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work given the Vfs are the same. I actually tried to do that with mine. I burned out the 1 ohm resistor in my early model by inserting the copper "C" ring backwords. I had to order another LED/PCB from Rob. Having the old PCB/LED, I soldered over the tiny 1 ohm resistor to bypass it and it worked. The LED seemed much dimmer than the replacement so I removed it and attempted to solder in a UX1J emitter removed from a star I bought from Photonfanatic.
I must have bent one of the leads once too many times because it broke off right at the plastic body of the emitter. So - Patient dead before it got off the operating table. :awman: I hope you're a lot more nimble fingered than I am. Oh, I did manage to get a nice second degree burn on my finger from the soldering iron. It's healing nicely... :ohgeez:

lightrod

Enlightened
I just asked that question myself and found that U bin's can be ordered for the Ns at a premium. At least for now - they were not available for a while and I don't know if they will always be.

Best bet to e-mail Orb (Rob) directly as far as price/how to order - he always has quick replies!

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just remember that when you fit a new LED on the board, the leads must bend down and then along. If you solder them to the board bent down at an angle, they may touch the copper heatsink and short the battery.