Where to buy K2s?

Rando

Enlightened
I'm shopping for a couple Luxeon K2's after reading their spec sheet, and they're showing at around the $3-4 price range for the 120 lumen emitters. Anyone carrying these retail? I checked Future Electronics but they want you to call them. I just want to order a couple... Price check?

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry for hijacking your thread.

I'm a noob to LEDs. I know the current kings of the hill are LuxIII and LuxVs but what's a K2. How can it have the many lumens and be so much cheaper than a luxV.

Some explain, full details too.

Rando

Enlightened
ElektroLumens' thread is closed, apparently Wayne decided not to sell, at least not at these prices. So... anyone know where to get them?

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
If somebody excellent like ElektroLumen was selling them I'd probably sign up and pay in advance right away. Be careful, there are some less reputable people taking advantage of the high demand. Bogus shipping times are common.

Kinnza

Enlightened
Looks like future electronics has the white T-bins (85 lumens) for sale via their webpage. They also appear to have S-bin red-oranges for sale there.

I called Lumileds last week asking for red K2 bin S, and they answer me it isnt avalaible yet. Expected release in 4-6months (but, with past Lumileds experience about scheduling release, ill take it with a grain of salt).

Anyway, i dont see much advantages in K2 over Luxeons if you dont want to run them hard. Hope Lumileds improve K2s in near future, but currently seems that its higher voltage at same current compensate its thermal advantage over Luxeons.

SemiMan

Banned
Seoul's data sheet specs out well, but they are no better than a good Lux-III in the real world. For flashlights, the phosphor coating process for the Lux-III makes the throw much better and cleaner. It is all in what you are going to do with them.

Semiman