• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ***SOLD*** FS: MM Tri Lux 3xUX1K 2D Mag (uses 2xD alkaline and NiMH cells)

Shaocaholica

Enlightened
***SOLD***

Brand new Trilux 2D mag from Millermods. I haven't even used this light at all since I don't have the D cell NiMH batts yet. I garauntee it works because it was extensively tested by Leef before being sent to me. Im selling this light because I'm tight on funds and I need to cover my other hotwire mod.

This light has 3 independent drivers driving 3 UX1K Lux IIIs at ~930mA each. Thats ~300 lumens from 2 D cells. That's about 3.38W per emitter and ~10.1W total to the emitters.

Summary:
-Black 2D Mag host
-3x Independent regulators
-3x UX1K Luxeon III emitters (930mA each, ~3.38W each)
-Uses 2x NiMH/Alkaline D cell batteries

trilux_2.jpg

trilux_1.jpg

This is a brand new light, never used by me. It was extensively tested by Leef and you can read about it in this thread.

Asking $190 Shipped for the light. This is what I paid and not a cent more. Im not looking to make money, I just want to cover my other project.

Last edited:

jburgett

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: MM Tri Lux UX1K 2D Mag (uses alkaline and NiMH cells)

How much are you asking, and does it include the PIC controller for adjusting brightness?

(shipped to Minnesota)

Shaocaholica

Enlightened
Re: FS: MM Tri Lux 3xUX1K 2D Mag (uses alkaline and NiMH cells)

Updated. Asking $190 Shipped anywhere in the US. It does not include any brightness adjustment (I think). Ask Millermods :thinking:

Last edited:

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: MM Tri Lux 3xUX1K 2D Mag (uses 2xD alkaline and NiMH cells)

Nice light,
Definately a Keeper

Roboholic

Enlightened

Can this be modded even more to accept a 3 or 4 rcr123 set-up?

And where could I find one?

Mainly stick with the single smaller lights. I don't know much about the larger ones except the I like Miller and Mac's stuff.

Thanks Robo

Shaocaholica

Enlightened

Roboholic said:
Can this be modded even more to accept a 3 or 4 rcr123
Ummm, you could run them parallel but using D size NiMH cells would actually get you longer runtime vs 4x RCR123.

Roboholic

Enlightened

Yes it would run longer in the d cell configuration. I was looking to make it a little smaller and still have the same brightness. Only looking for an hour or a little longer run time.

Shaocaholica

Enlightened

Roboholic said:
Yes it would run longer in the d cell configuration. I was looking to make it a little smaller and still have the same brightness. Only looking for an hour or a little longer run time.
This is a really bright light. 2 12Ah NiMH D cells run for ~80min. 4 RCR123 cells will definitely less than that.

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast

Could this run off 6AA cells, in D to 3AA cell battery holders?

Shaocaholica

Enlightened

So long as the input voltage is ~3V. I don't know the specifics but you could ask MM. The standard input voltage is 2.4V from 2 NiMH cells.