A flashaholic moment...

dragoman

Enlightened
Today I was working on Parris Island, USMCRD in South Carolina at the base power plant.

I discovered the source of the problem they were having and was explaining it to the leader of the maintenance team tasked with fixing whatever I might find. While pointing up at the offending piece of equipment (in this case it was the condenser expansion joint), he was using a 4D mag light to see. Noting the weakish orange beam, I unlimbered my new work light, a Cabelas 12V XPG with a TurboHead assembly.

As the entire area was lit up, the orange spot from his mag was suddenly gone, and he looked at me, widened his eyes a bit, and said "Jesus Christ thats a bright flashlight!"

LOL......I live for days like this...... :D

dragoman

mdocod

Flashaholic
very similar experinces happen to me when I have my car searched to be allowed passage onto the AirForce base when I deliver pizzas- they'll be poking around doing their little "search" with a 3C stock maglight with half dead batteries, I'll turn on my little pocket light(200 lumen) from behind them and illuminate the entire inside of the car or under the hood, they always get a kick out of that little light.

Glock40

Newly Enlightened
Good stories all!!

The other day I was at my brother in laws house and he told me that he had lost power to his detached garage, so we decided to invistigate. He pulled out this huge 99 cent 6 volt lights. I pulled out my tiny Photon II. My little light washed out his wimpy light(i'm sure his batters where about dead ). The worst part of it is , he did not even say anying about my little light that was blowing away his. I was so offended.

Anyone else ever been offended when someone did not noticed that your edc blows away there huge light??

bonvivantmike

Enlightened
I had a nice Flashaholic moment a couple of days ago. We had our bathrooms tiled, and the installers had to come back to fix a leaky toilet.

I pulled out my L1T to show the location of the water on the floor. I handed it to the installer, and he made a number of comments of how bright the light was. He was even more impressed when I told him it ran for hours on a single AA rechargable.

The kicker: the L1T was on LOW! It was still bright enough to impress.