Does it ever end...

lightrod

Enlightened
For my first few months as a self-confessed flashaholic I carried two pocket lights - an Arc and either a Caribbean or Rainier - so I could have two light levels.

Recently I got a Raw Ns two-stage which is a great light, and swore off carrying two lights. Everything in one - what else could I need? Then within a week I received the FF3 - another great and handy (3 stage+) light. Now I can't decide which one to carry - actually more like it is I can't bring myself to NOT carry either of them. So I'm back to carrying two again. And with a U85 on order I'm sweating. :ironic:

How do you folks who are more professional at this thing manage having several great lights?

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol, it doesn't end. Most of us (and that's why we're called flashaholics) own more lights than what is 'practical'. We appreciate flashlights and own them not only because of need. Really, if I were in your position, I'd simply interchange lights on say a weekly basis so that I'd use all of them one time or another. If you have the space (bag or briefcase),carry all of them!

d1337

Enlightened
I usaully have my car with me so I keep one on my belt and one in the car. I also keep one at work and around twenty on a shelf at home.

OldGreyGuy

Enlightened
The short answer is will power, and it is mighty hard to maintain consistency. :(

Because I was concerned that I would succumb to yet another collection I limit myself to two lights and sell the ones I don't need. Been working my way up to acquiring another light with two levels and will sell my L2P hybrid when I get another light.

Of course I don't know what I will do if I have two perfect lights and suddenly want another. Perhaps buy it for my brother and look after it for him. :)

Tremendo

Enlightened
FF3 in pocket all the time, not on keychain. I added a lanyard (Fenix type) I pulled off a cheap Chinese light and it's great to have on there, no weight added, but great for use.

The FF3 battery life is much greater than I expected (with RCR123), and mine dims slowly when it's dying, so I still have light to use. I have an extra RCR123 I keep charged (last 3-7 days) so I could pocket that if needed as extra, but so far I haven't needed to.

If going for beach walk or out scouting around, the SF U2 is my all purpose grab light. All my other lights mostly get used by my family or when I lend them to friends. Yes, I have many that are sitting around, but my favorites get used alot.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't deny who you are! Or you'll wind up on a belltower with a deer rifle. I just got a HDS B42XRGT (real sweet light) and now holster it on my belt. My work environment requires me to wear slacks and a button down shirt but do to the generic holster I use and the small size of the B42 it doesn't look all that odd. In fact people think its a knife instead. My left pocket is dedicated to carrying my ARC AAA with a reflectored/glow in the dark neck lanyard (I made it from PMI glo-chord I got at REI). Plus in my backpack I carry extra batteries for both (2 ea.). Also stowed in my pack are currently a E2d with a full SC3 spares carrier and a Arc AA w/spare lithium cell.

Am I more professional? No. But you only carry two lights. Now thats pretty weird... Just kidding. Do what you feel is right. We don't want to see you on the evening news!

Last edited:

Warp

Enlightened
Why limit yourself to one flashlight? You must realize that with the many different potential uses and needs of a tool as usefull as a flashlight you simply cannot do them all with one light.

I'm not even a flashaholic (maybe one in the making...) and I currently carry two lights.....but am considering adding a third and that's not counting the little button cell keychain light. Seriously. Surefire G2 (P61) and Inova X1 currently for me. Check out the "What is your EDC" thread and see how many things other people carry.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/37251

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Switch them a round, I usually carry just my Basic 60 90% of the time since it seem's to do all the levels i need. I need to carry two keychain's, and one has a newer ARC AAA-P one has a night vison green freedom. If i think I will be gone for more then a few hour's i take my form fit case I have for the HDS with two extra li on's and two extra primaries.

Then 10% of the time i will carry a E1e or a VG FB-1 body with a KL-1 4th gen head. VDG

stjohnh

Newly Enlightened
Hmm,,, I usually carry 4 lights

1. 2 button cell keychain from Dae (just in case the other 3 lights fail or get lost, or in case I decide to give it away to some poor deprived soul that doesn't recognize the benefit of having an EDC light).

2. My SMJLED modded Chinese Arc-clone... for reliability and long run.

3. My 1 watt direct drive 10450 unprotected Li rechargable modded Chinese Arc Clone.... you never know when you will need a small "bright" light,,,, and live a little on the edge... never know when one of those unprotected cells might explode.

4. At least one other light... just for fun and to play with... Today it is my Advancedmart 1xAA 1/2 watt clicky. Very bright and only 1.4 oz w lithium primary cell.