Bad (Summer) Time for Flashaholics !!!

maxilux

Enlightened
What do you think ? Now there are many bad weeks for Flashoholics.
Sun goes under not before 11pm, no testing and so on.
I get headache and other things. Are i am ill??
Someone have the same problems?
Must i wear sunglasses the for 24 hours?

teststrips

Enlightened
sun is down by 8:30pm here, but I haven't been able to carry as many lights as normal. Since its warmer, i don't wear a coat... I keep lights in my coat... I guess the 3 lights I keep on my person are enough

1) cr2 ion on my keys
2) q3 with flupic, replacement reflector, Glo-Rings and Glo-Paint
3) photon freedom on my work keys

I miss my bigger lights though.

mikeymoto

Newly Enlightened
You think you have it bad? First, it doesn't get truly dark here until after 10pm now. Second, here in the city there are streetlights lining the road. Grr, what's a guy to do!? I need every day to be a weekend so I can be camping!

[email protected]

Newly Enlightened
My lights probably get the most use in the summer because I'm actually outside enjoying our all too short summer! Lots of camping, nighttime walks, etc.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Yep, our "sunrise" is around 4:30am and "sunset" is around 11:30pm (and it's still getting lighter for longer!) here in the Land of the Midnight Sun!

When it gets "dark", it's more like dusk/dawn...

Last edited:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're probably not ill, but you might be spending too many hours in front of a computer screen. That can cause headaches along with aches and pains.
Since the sun is up longer, go out and enjoy the evening.

maxilux said:
What do you think ? Now there are many bad weeks for Flashoholics.
Sun goes under not before 11pm, no testing and so on.
I get headache and other things. Are i am ill??
Someone have the same problems?
Must i wear sunglasses the for 24 hours?

iced_theater

Enlightened
Somewhat sucks for me since I use my lights at work, and I'm trying to justify buying a AE Powerlight PL14 but since I'd only be able to use it if I work graves or for the possible last hour before I get off it's hard to buy it :p......I might just wait til fall and then maybe it will be even cheaper, or maybe a new light will be out that's even better for me :)

jason9987

Newly Enlightened
mikeymoto said:
You think you have it bad? First, it doesn't get truly dark here until after 10pm now. Second, here in the city there are streetlights lining the road. Grr, what's a guy to do!? I need every day to be a weekend so I can be camping!
aim hids at all the streetlights to turn them off:grin2: then get a bunch of barn burners and make your own daylight

spoonrobot

Enlightened
Since I usually retire around 4:00-5:00am the later sun-setting times really don't affect me too much. The problem with summer has been that it kills at least one LED light.

Summer 2004: Inova X1
Summer 2005: BOG 3W module X2

Anyone else have this problem?

Robban

Enlightened
I know what you mean. Around here it's only dark dark for a couple of hours each night. The rest of the dark time is only darkish hehe. But I guess I'm lucky that I live in the middle of Sweden instead of high up north where it basically doesn't get dark at all this time of year.

Aaron1100us

Enlightened
All I've got to say is I love working midnight to 8:00am:) I get to use my flashlights every night at work, atleast untill around 5:00am or so.