Exolion-How to estimate output?

Cobweb Hunter

Newly Enlightened
NooB question:

What is the estimated output of my Exolion on Burst, Low, or or one of the user (1-20) settings in lumens? That is, how would I calculate it using known inputs; fresh RCR2, XXX ma, flupic setting, TXOH, etc...?

Thanks in advance to responders.

Shaocaholica

Enlightened
I think burst is ~1.2A. The stock T-bin should be ~90-100 lumens overdriven at 1.2A while the new U-bin sandwitches should be ~100-120 lumens.

Cobweb Hunter

Newly Enlightened
Is there a way to calculate that (lumens) based upon average flux and Vf of the bin, the preset level of the flupic on burst (or any of the 1-20 levels) and the average output of a fresh fully charged AW RCR2? I'm trying to educate myself here.

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
The original sandwiches in the Exolion has burst mod set to around 800mah to the LED. This draws around 1A+ current from the battery due to efficiencies of around 80%+ from the FluPIC circuit.

Based on the assumption that the TXOH in the sandwich is in the middle of the T-bin range of 67 - 84 lumens of around 75 lumens at 700mah, I would say that you are getting, after loss from reflector and UCL (estimate at 30%), about 52 lumens out the front. This is probably a conservative estimate though... :)

Last edited:

Cobweb Hunter

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, Greg. That is plenty bright! Where did the 750mah figure come from?
Also, does flupic setting n (n=1,2,3...20) mean n/20*800mah to the LED?

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Judging by my other lights (like an HDS U60XRGT) I would say the Exolion is putting out about 50-55 lumens on Burst. Definitely more than my Jil Intelli, which is odd considering how similar they are (TxxH LEDs running at 800ma on FLuPIC boards). Its probably the better reflector on the Exolion.

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cobweb Hunter said:
Thanks, Greg. That is plenty bright! Where did the 750mah figure come from?
Also, does flupic setting n (n=1,2,3...20) mean n/20*800mah to the LED?

Hmmm... Come to think about it, the standard LuxIII rating should be rated at 700mah not 750mah... :ohgeez: Please disregard the 750mah figure and assume I'm talking about 700mah there.. :)

For the FluPIC setting, Low (level 2) is approximately 20mah from the battery, which should measure around 15-16mah to the LED. On default High (Level 10), current draw is around 220mah, which should measure about 176-187mah to the LED. Burst draws 1.04+A from the battery and is supposed to put out 800mah to the LED. From these three figures, you can easily tell that the current draw is definitely not linear...

Cobweb Hunter

Newly Enlightened
Thanks again,Greg. One more question. Is level 20 the same as burst (800mah to the LED)? I've tried going back and forth and as far as I can tell they appear the same.

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cobweb Hunter said:
Thanks again,Greg. One more question. Is level 20 the same as burst (800mah to the LED)? I've tried going back and forth and as far as I can tell they appear the same.

Yes, level 20 = Burst.. :)