Try to put a clip on the Maxfire LX, or buy new light?

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking of getting a small 60-ish lumen light, along the lines of a E2D/ Vital Gear F2, something in the 4-5" range. Was looking at the TOPS Stryker as well.
I already have the Brinkmann Maxfire LX, but want to use rechargables and would prefer a light with a clip.

The VG F2 and ED2(used) are the right size and price range, $30-80. An HDS EDC is too pricey, unless I could find a EDC60 on the real cheap. I thought of an Ultrafire, but again, no clips.

If anyone has suggestions, please post. I'm in no rush on this. I carry a Q3 or Fenix normally, and wanted to add a small but bright light to the lineup instead of taking out my C3+AG19, which is too big to carry casually.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Streamlight TL-2 is made for you. Out throws about all the 2/123 lights, good clip, grippy body, inexpensive bulbs, and carries a spare on the light.

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, I saw that one and forgot about it, thanks! I also saw a Pelican M6 3320, anyone have thoughts about that?
The TL-2 and 3320 look like my best bets for under $40. Plus the TL-2 looks like it'd be easier to change bulbs or mod since it comes apart. The 3320 looks like one solid piece.

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a newbie, but I own the maxfire LX, a QIII, and the QIII's big brother(tm301x3).
The 2xcr123 nuwai is my favorite by far. Not as much throw as the maxfire, but two stage switch, small, and has a clip. Awesome light for 39.00 from eliteled.com:twothumbs

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got the Q3, and if the 301x3 was brighter, I might have considered that too.
Looks like it's either gonna be a used E2D or Streamlight TL-2, at the moment.