New use at work for my Mag11

iced_theater

Enlightened
Actually had a new reason to use my Mag11 last night at work. It was pretty close to quitting time when we heard on the radio that there was some guy walking around the railroad yard with just some shorts on, and since we were right there where they said he was, we started to look for him.
Well we start driving around but didn't see where he had went, so I bring out my light and start shining it around looking for him. Finally we see him trying to hide inbetween a couple of cars and then trying to hide behind a light pole since he didn't seem to like having my light shined on him even at 50 yards. Meanwhile, a manager starts heading down his way and then the guy runs somewhere else where we couldn't see him. The next thing we hear is the manager saying to call the cops and an ambulance and he sounded winded as though he was fighting with the guy or maybe just running.
We then see the guy running out towards us and my partner told the guy to stop he just wanted to talk, but the guy ran past us and my partner started to run after the guy. Now it was really muddy since it had been raining for a bit before this happened and the guy tripped in the mud while running and then said "you got me" to my partner. My partner then grabbed the guy's arm and put it behind him and held the guy down until the cops got there, which took quite awhile really for as small of town as I live in.
The guy was on some sort of drugs though I don't know what. All he had on was a pair of basketball shorts, no shirt or shoes. And was walking in a dangerous railroad yard where we have remote control locomotives where there might not be anyone anywhere near the locomotive to see if anyone's in the way. So the guy's lucky he just probably got arrested and not killed.

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great story, but I would be leery of approaching strange drugged out dudes in the dark. You're lucky he was comnpliant. What if he had a knife or gun?

Regardless your Mag11 is most useful for such uses illuminating from a distance. Just be very careful in the future.

iced_theater

Enlightened
I didn't go for the guy, my partner did. i've seen how some ppl can act while on drugs.

As for the RCL, you can buy one from General Electric. I don't know the cost, but I'd imagine at least $1,000,000 :p a bit too rich for my blood, unless I could make money off it :)