SL Propolymer 4AA Lux switch problem

clipse

Enlightened
So, I've had my Streamlight Propolymer 4AA Lux flashlight for a while (couple months) and a couple weeks ago my light would only come on ever 4th time I clicked on the switch. Then it wouldn't come on at all. I clicked it ALOT after that in the hopes that, just maybe, my light would shine once again. Well, it never happened so I email SL acouple days ago and today I got an email back saying that I could send my light in and so I did.

Has anyone else had a problem like this? I read about one person having this problem and it fixing its self. But, that was it.

clipse

JohnnyB

Newly Enlightened
Mine failed as well. I talked to a very nice rep at SL and told her the problem. She said send it in and they would repair/replace it free of charge. I asked if it would be possible to let me have my original light with just a new switch as it has an excellent LED and I didn't want to play the lottery. She said that would be no problem, just enclose a note for the Techs.

I sent it back to SL with a note and they replaced the switch, no questions asked.

RIP

Newly Enlightened
Mine seems to be getting flakey too. Sometimes it takes several clicks for it to come on.

I wonder if they will send me a replacement body or switch. I would hate to have to send it in as I am in Afghanistan and it will likely take about a month for the turn around time. Mail takes about 10 days each way and I use this light EVERY night.

Other than the switch this is the best light ever.

Tooner

Newly Enlightened
My switch(?) is a little flakey too. Sometimes I have to switch it a few times, or whack the light in my palm to get it to come on and stay on. It flickers sometimes. Too bad, as this is my favorite "go to" light, even though I have several other more expensive lights. I would actually like to buy a few more of them but my experience and these reports give me some pause.

I too noticed the switch is the weak link in both the 4AA and the 3C. The switch was the first to go in my drop testing.

The switch broke on both lights after some drops onto the concrete from a four story equivalent height. It took a few 6 1/2 story equivalent drop onto the cement before the rest of the light became unfunctional though.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/117570

Last edited: