MagLed 2C runtime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the only run time that has been posted has been on the D cell light. If you have one and can run one and share it, I'm sure it would not only answer your question, but also that of others to come.

martytoo

Newly Enlightened
And on a somewhat parallel note, where is the cheapest place to buy a 2C Mag so that I can add the Mag LED at a reasonable price?

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably at a local store. By the time they get through with charging you shipping costs, it will end up costing more than if you bought it locally. And that doesn't even include all the time that you'll end up wasting looking for a web site that might save you 50¢. Plan on about $14-15 for a 2C Mag. If cost is the only motivation, you might want to consider the the 2D LED light instead; those are only $29.99 at our local Fry's stores, you wouldn't have to buy the upgrade module separately, and it's cheaper than buying a 2C and an upgrade module. Additionally, C and D sized batteries cost almost the same price if not exactly the same price and a D battery will last almost twice as long as a C battery.

martytoo said:
And on a somewhat parallel note, where is the cheapest place to buy a 2C Mag so that I can add the Mag LED at a reasonable price?

martytoo

Newly Enlightened
I like the idea of a slightly smaller baton with which I am very unlikely to use as the billy club that it seems to be.:twak:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Then buying the 2C separately would be the only option.
Probably best to not consider it as a baton or billy, as civilians who think that way often end up getting the flashlights taken away from them and then having them used on them for that purpose.

And if flashlights were intended to be used in lieu of batons by cops, look all the money police departments could save by issuing a $20 flashlight instead of a $60-85 PR-24 or ASP, plus the cost of holsters/rings. :)

martytoo said:
I like the idea of a slightly smaller baton with which I am very unlikely to use as the billy club that it seems to be.:twak:

Last edited:

Skibane

Enlightened
Brighteyez said:
Probably best to not consider it as a baton or billy, as civilians who think that way often end up getting the flashlights taken away from them and then having them used on them for that purpose.

Naw, we wouldn't want to foster any 'wrong-thinking' among the untrained amateurs around here - Everyone knows that only 'trained professionals' are capable of wielding a weapon without having it used against them!

martytoo

Newly Enlightened
Brighteyez said:
Then buying the 2C separately would be the only option.

And if flashlights were intended to be used in lieu of batons by cops, look all the money police departments could save by issuing a $20 flashlight instead of a $60-85 PR-24 or ASP, plus the cost of holsters/rings. :)

I should have been even more specific. My best weapons are my athletic shoes. If I can't outrun my opponent I'm in trouble. (I always run the other way.)

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, I left out the second part of that one.

"Trained professionals" often end up getting sued (and may lose their careers) when using excessive force, especially if it is with something that may not be authorized for use as an impact weapon.

And don't forget that even "trained professionals" who are trained in weapon retention are often injured (sometimes mortally) with their own weapons.

And contrary to internet fantasy posts, I think you'll find that there are a disproportionate number of gunowners who are killed every year with their own firearms (after they have been taken away from them.)

Skibane said:
Naw, we wouldn't want to foster any 'wrong-thinking' among the untrained amateurs around here - Everyone knows that only 'trained professionals' are capable of wielding a weapon without having it used against them!

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Understood. Eyes for avoiding problematic situations, feet to get outta there, and enough common sense to know when to fight another day. ;)

BTW, just for grins, I went hefted a Streamlight SL20X and a 3C Maglight just to see how much difference in weight there was. Without putting it on a scale, I'd say the two are pretty close, and both are lighter than a 3D Mag.

martytoo said:
I should have been even more specific. My best weapons are my athletic shoes. If I can't outrun my opponent I'm in trouble. (I always run the other way.)

vector_joe

Newly Enlightened
Brighteyez said:
Sorry, I left out the second part of that one.

And contrary to internet fantasy posts, I think you'll find that there are a disproportionate number of gunowners who are killed every year with their own firearms (after they have been taken away from them.)

I'm not going to argue with you because I don't "know" whether this is true. I'd like to know where you got the information though.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of those resources can have some hefty subscription fees, maybe these free resources can be helpful to you.

The UCR and LEOKA reports are published by the Department of Justice, FBI, and I believe they're available from the FBI's web site. You should also be able to get hard copies from the GPO.

Civil action filings are a matter of public record. Whether they are posted on a web site or not would depend upon the individual court.

More specific information that may involve personnel or disciplinary action are, like all human resources documents, of a confidential nature.

Local event accounts pertaining to such information can often be found in your local newspaper which may also have an archive on a web site.

Hope that helps.

vector_joe said:
I'm not going to argue with you because I don't "know" whether this is true. I'd like to know where you got the information though.

gorn

Enlightened
Brighteyez said:

I would love to see your source for this "internet fantasy" post. Your response above doesn't say where you got your information about people killed with their own firearms after they were taken from them.

Last edited:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
See the post above yours.

Insofar as some of these fantasy postings, you can find some on this site as well as on various other forums and newsgroups from all the macho guys that are going to shoot down everyone that sets foot on their lawn (okay, maybe only a little bit of an exxageration.)

If you want skewed information just to throw up for arguments and web postings, you can always get it from either extreme (gun control groups on one end, pro-gun groups like the NRA on the other)

Insofar as people being killed with their own firearms, try your local newspaper. It happens frequently, sometimes in a burglary where the bad guy is already in the house, and sometimes when the gun owner decides to brandish the weapon.

... and don't even ask about guns that are stolen in burglaries, home invasions, and auto burglaries. Especially the ones stolen out of cars and never reported as such.

gorn said:
I would love to see your source for this "internet fantasy" post. Your response above doesn't say where you got your information about people killed with their own firearms after they were taken from them.

Last edited:

Empath

Flashaholic
The thread has lost the intended topic, and flashlight orientation. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.