did i do the corect thing

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well ive had problems with kids throwing rocks there playing throwing at each other .but they all end up hiting my house and in my drive way most of ya know i have mentle illness .but little of ya know how much noise scares me .and rocks hiting ya house is louder then ya would think i spoke to the kids 2 times they say sorry but they still throw em ands they hit my house.so today i spoke to the parents i was terified.but i did it i was poite telling em i hate to complain but explaning rocks will damage peoples cars.well i spoke to the first and seconds groups of kids parents and asked the third kid where there parents lived and she started to cry lol .well g i didnt know what to do so i didnt go down there pus im sure she wasnt trutfull as to where they lived lol.man darn kids cry easly lol i feel bad for telling the kids parents but i cant take the rocks hiting my place any more

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suppose you should probably find the other kid's parents as well. Don't know how receptive the parents were to you; some parents shouldn't be parents since they can't control their kids or think their kids can damage property with impunity. Hopefully the parents will be responsive.

Just be careful and try to have witnesses around so that one of the kids doesn't start making up things like you having molested them or something along those lines.

But back to your original question, yes, you did the right thing.

Also, kids use tears to be manipulative. Don't fall for it.

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, you did the right thing, Raggie. I would've done the same thing and if the same kids do it again after speaking to their parents, I'd call the police.

In my neighborhood, we have the little hellspawn firing bottle rockets at people's cars. :mad:

JM-99

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Yes, you did the right thing, Raggie! Now the kids AND their parents are on notice that they will be held accountable for their actions. That's a very important lesson for them to learn.
:thumbsup:

greenLED

Flashaholic
I called the police the other day; "kids" were flinging water ballons at a busy intersection. I say "kids" because these were college students. :shakehead: When it's little kids around our block, I go talk to their parents.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i was so scared the third kid i would of never found out where they live anyways the other to sets i knew one set lived in either or house i just wanst sure which house belonged to which the first set was better she was so mad at them kids made em sweep em up .the people in the complex have already had probels with the kids one of the guys on the board said they was throwing rocks at the landscapers

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
kids shouldn't throw rocks. they could hurt themselves too. I broke up a kids rock fight once -- no other adult would do it -- I yelled at 'em "if you throw another rock that's THE END!!! UNDERSTAND?!!" it worked..
(are these the kids who grow up to fire icbms at each other..?)

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
You did do the right thing. :twothumbs: Oh, and don't feel sorry for a kid just because they cry, tears can be brought on quite easily.

bruddamoke

Newly Enlightened
I agree with everyone, you did the right thing. When I was a kid (decades ago) the neighbor's kid and I were flinging rocks at each other, and I got caught with one between the eyes. Took a few stiches, and needless to say, never did it again. You might have saved one of those kids from an injury.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
man i just spoke to a few more people one of these kids have also pretty much totaled a newer bmw id guess 7 series a bmw the owener waxed like 1 time a week sad thing it was his own kid lol.