• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: $65 Ready-to-go UX1K on D O-Sink w/Wiz2-917ma!

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
UX1K on moddified D O-Sink with Wizzard2 917ma potted in the rear.
Comes with red/black teflon wires stripped and pre-tinned.

3.6v - 6v input. (no lower than 3.6volts to stay in regulation.) Works great for 3-4 cells of NiMH or 3 cells of Alkaline. (4 fresh alkalines may exceed the 6v max input...)

Ready to go, just solder your wires to your cut down mag switch, solder them to the wires on this, (dont forget some heat shrink to insulate the solder connection!), put some thermal grease around the o-sink, and slide into your mag. Only other thing is to cut the cam off the back of your reflector.

----
Details
:
I bought a couple of X1 tinted U-bins. Unsure if they would be greenies I got each from a different batch. Neither ended up being green. I built 2 of these setups, one I kept & currently using, this one is for sale. The emitter is a round slug, so the o-sink was modified to fit the luxeon slug so it sets down flat all the way into the heatsink.

Tint: This UX1K is a tiny bit on the warm/cream side. No green at all. It still is whiter looking than a cold white florecent lightbulb if that helps put it in perspective.

Flux: Compared to my other u-bin this one didn't seem as bright. But it seemed brighter than a UW0J. This was by eyeballing and not with a light meter so the different tints could be throwing me off. Just disclosing this incase it's an under-achiever Ubin. But it could be my other is an over-acheiver. One could go nuts thinking about this!

Note: This one seemed to have some blueish artifacts in the beam's corona w/ the mag reflector. Not sure if this is typical or not but my tri-TX0K mag exhibits the same thing in 2 out of 3 of the luxeons using 20mm reflectors.

Just thought I'd disclose all the little details as best I could for the white wall hunters! :grin2:

$65 shipped in the US. This is below what I paid in parts. First to say "I'll take it" in the thread gets it. I will then PM with PP details.

Thanks! -IH :wave:

Last edited:

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Ready-to-go UX1K on D O-Sink w/Wiz2-917ma !

Further price drop. This is less than parts I paid.

jwl

Enlightened
Re: PRICE DROP! $65 Ready-to-go UX1K on D O-Sink w/Wiz2-917ma!

IsaacHayes - If you got some pics that might help you sell easier. That way even the newbies understand what you are selling.

This is a excellent price folks..My TWOH modded mags with the same components he has listed cost me just over $70 each in parts to build not to mention my time. I wouldn't mind having another but I got my eyes on some other lights.

:popcorn:

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

JWL: yes I know, pictures are good. But a camera is one of the few things I don't own! :(

sancho886: Looking to sell mainly, but just for curiosity's sake, what do you have to trade?

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm one of the newbies that has virtually no idea what you're talking about, but it sounds interesting. I have no idea what to cut down on the mag switch or how difficult that is to do, how much cutting I need to do to the mag reflector (is the "cam" just the part that's slanted and must be cut flat or is it the whole tube that sticks out from the bottom of the reflector?), and so forth. Pics or links to info would help greatly. Thanks.

sancho886

Newly Enlightened

Yeah I didnt think you would want a trade but I had to try :grin2:. I have a turnkey minimag TL3 kit with batteries and kroll switch in a copper host.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

jsr: Check here, it might help. That's for a C mag, but will give you ideas about the reflector and switch. The mag switch is different, I cut off the cam portion with a hax saw so it's easier to solder the wires to it. Most of that guide doesn't apply since the "module" is ready to go just solder the wires and put some thermal grease around it. Of course on a 3D mag you won't need to mess with the tail spring or make a battery holder. This "module" has the led mounted, and a driver installed and mounted. Just needs sliding into a flashlight and the 2 wires connected to the mag switch. Ignore the part where it shows grinding the anodizing inside the mag. I never do that as it's a tighter/better fit giving you more thermal contact. I haven't enocountered a mag where it's too tight.

sancho: I'll pass as I already have a bunch of lights in that form factor now. Thanks though. :)

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

SOLD! To Bern!! Thanks!

It will be shipped out today! :)

Last edited: