SureFire E1E 4880 LUX!

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finished modding my Surefire last night. E1E with MCr20mm reflector, UWOK emitter, UCL, and FLuPic driver = 4880 lux at 1 meter!!

Awesome little light to say the least......my new favorite :)

Mac

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
That IS high lux for a McR20. Would you describe the mod in more detail? Thanks,

Bill

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bullzeyebill said:
That IS high lux for a McR20. Would you describe the mod in more detail? Thanks,

Bill

Well it's a "U" bin driven at 1.2 amps in burst mode on the FLupic Driver. If your not familiar of the Flupic it has user settable Low and High and a 1.2 burst mode plus a strobe feature.

Mac

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Mac,

That is almost exactly the same as my EDC, and I don't think i'll find a light I like better for this purpose. Mine is the same as yours but with a UX1K. My family is out on a fishing trip right now (aren't wireless modems great :)), and my girls are using it for a nightlight (low set on level 2).

I like the Vitalgear FB1 body for the bezel down carry and tailstand capability.

Enjoy it,

schiesz

Last edited:

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have Tranquilitybase's 1 RCR123 body but like the Surefire better (personal preference)

Mac

JanCPF

Enlightened
I'm second in line then. I want one too. Please Mac would you consider doing these mods? :mecry: :bow:

Jan

Last edited:

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mac,

Did you chase out the threads to accept an aleph light engine? That's how mine was made, and seems to be a pretty common way of fixing up the elite series head for LED.

Here is a pic of mine:
04122006003.jpg

frisco

Enlightened
Hi Mac,

Is it possible to do this mod on a E2E/E2D useing a 17670 battery????
A two stage with strobe E2E/E2D LED

Just the thought of this gives me shivers !!!!
If you want.... I can send you a E2E and a 17670 to test/try ???? wink wink !!!

frisco

Latest posts