Need help with fishing light

splitsec524

Newly Enlightened
Ok guys, heres the situation. I go fishing a lot during the night on Jetty's. I need a small light or something to replace the 1.5" glowsticks I use. I use them on the tip of my rod. Sure they are only .50 each but they add up because I have about 3-5 friends that go with me everytime and we all use these little glowsticks. I've tried Glow in the Dark, but it just doesn't stay illuminated long enough. I was thinking krill sticks but they are too big to put on the tip of the flishing pole. I only need about 1" -1.5" of light. I was trying make my own mod with 3 led's but the batteries ran out really fast. I'm not an electrian or anything so I don't really inderstand how to use resistors and stuff like that. Does anyone have any ideas? I'd like something reusable like rechargable AAA batteries. Any ideas, no matter how crazy would be appreciated by me and my fishing buddies!

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
How 'bout... - going back to using the glowsticks but letting your buddies subsidize (now that they know that they like to use them) their own use of these devices?

Lest I sound I sound stingy, I'm all for giving out test samples of neat stuff I find.. just not for life.

Brock

Flashaholic
Maybe a photon 3 set on low? It is really small, relatively waterproof, light and should last a long time. Another way to go might be to use a Photon 2 (cheaper) and replace the 2 2016, with a single 2032. It is about 1/2 as bright with about 6 times the runtime as the 2 batteries. Really and white switchable coin cell light you could do that to.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Check the Sporting Goods section of your local Wal Mart for the fishing line floats/bobbers that have the led lights in them. They should be light enough to put on your rod tips.

Sonic

Newly Enlightened
This may not be enough light,but how about Traser glow rings?I don't have one(yet) but hear they will glow for over 10 years without any batts to change.Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
confused.gif

splitsec524

Newly Enlightened
I went over to walmart today and the bobbing led light was too big. There was no way I could take it out. I'll probably go with a photon and maybe use some glow in teh dark paper to wrap the tip of the rod. Glowrings are too dim, I have several of them. I think the photon is going to work so gonna go with that! Thanks for your help fellas.