Fenix switch sticking

lightwait

Newly Enlightened
:awman: My Fenix L1P switch is sticking on occasion. Not a nuisance yet, but it will probably get worse. Is there anything I can do or does it need to be replaced? Its a yellow switch. I know there was some talk awhile back, but the search function pukes if I type anything useful in the box. Thanks. -Nick

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello lightwait:)

I would opend it and try to repair it. Perhaps with parts of a ball-pen.
If it don't work give Fenix a call for a replacement switch and use your light as twistie so far.
I have heard their service works fine about a replacement.
I wish you good luck and best regards

____
Tom

liteMANIAC

Newly Enlightened
I have a problem with my Fenix L1P swith too. Sometimes once it's on I click it off and the light stays on. Then I have to click it two more times for it to turn off. This only happens occastionally so it doesnt really bother me.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
...why I got Civictors...

I also have L1Ps and 602As, which all work just fine. I'm pretty sure my supplieers (4sevens and Dae) would back up their products in any event, but if I really needed reliability, I'd go with a Civi.

Last edited:

Penguin

Enlightened
I recently changed from a yellow switch to a replacement red switch and it's 100% better! The L1p with this new switch is one of my favorite EDC lights!

rider

Newly Enlightened
Every L1P I've seen so far has had a bad switch, several of them DOA from the factory. I haven't seen any replacement switches yet to know if they're better or not. It does seem like the switches get worse and worse until they're nearly impossible to switch on or off, so don't rely on the thing until you can get a fix for it.

ChrisA

Enlightened
the only flaky fenix i got is an early model l1p with a yellow switch. two months ago i disassembled the switches of all of my fenix, gave them a good cleaning and a dab of silicon oil on every rubber part - no problems since. even the flaky yellow one is fully reliable now.

i guess fenix assembly is not the best qualitywise. the parts themselves are okay, but once you get sloppy during assembly (e.g. fail to properly tighten the retaining ring, crud in the threads,...) these switches are prone to act up or fail.

chris

lightwait

Newly Enlightened
ChrisA said:
the only flaky fenix i got is an early model l1p with a yellow switch. two months ago i disassembled the switches of all of my fenix, gave them a good cleaning and a dab of silicon oil on every rubber part - no problems since. even the flaky yellow one is fully reliable now.
Thanks. I didn't try to open the actual switch, but I did give the switch a shot of silicon around the yellow button. It hasn't stuck in several days and it seems I didn't muck up the electrical contacts. -Nick